Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Mish Mash

I have been busy the past couple of weeks.  Just not a lot to show for everything I have been doing.

I took on the charity lead for quilt guild and this followed me home at the beginning of the month after the 1st charity sew day of the year.

Those 4 piles of boxes were all full of guild fabric for charity.

I spent some time one day making repairs to a top that was donated.

I just had to try to match a fabric which was kind of reproduction colors.  I think I did alright.


I shared the charity sewing I have been doing for church also.
1 down and 4 more to go.


Then last Thursday I was contacted and told that someone had donated a couple of garbage bags worth of fabric to the Quilt Guild.  I went and picked it up.  

I think there is between 10-15 of these garbage bags full of fabric.  All I could think of was that I felt like this painting
Something had to give!  It was time to clean out the bedroom that all of the great aunt and uncle's belongings had been stored in. I told the kids I had a plan , and nine big 3ft by 3 ft boxes later, and 2 trips to goodwill the bedroom was cleaned out except for office equipment, and all of the guild charity boxes had been moved into the bedroom and it only took us about 1 hour.



I brought in a banquet table and put painter's tape with measurements marked.  I decided that charity must be treated like a part time job right now.  Organize, organize, organize.  So I will go through the bags, and figure out what is yardage that can be used for backs, what is too feminine, and start to prep it for kits.

I did go sew for a bit with a friend on Friday.  But the only other selfish sewing I have done is my temperature quilt.


And one evening putting together the final parts for my Quiltworx quilt Vintage Rose.

Only 19 more of these to go.

I did grab scraps and tried making a quilt block along the same lines as one I saw.  This was much bigger.

It is marinating right now.  The blocks are 18 1/2 inches; 18 inches finished.  Not a bad size for a simple baby quilt.

The only other thing that has fascinated me lately is our weather.  We went from this:


To this:




I was surprised when I looked up the ratio of snow to water when it melts.  Ten inches of snow makes 1 inch of water.

Finally I needed to share my package that was sent to me by JulieRose of Julie Rose Quilts.  I have been raving how much I love working with wool.  Julie was purging and had decided she really didn't want to work with wool, and so her stash came my direction!

Oh my goodness such yumminess.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.....I cannot even begin to tell you how much it is appreciated. 







9 comments:

  1. Your reproduction fix looks great. The bright yellow pinwheel will make a cute baby quilt. Great job on making the room ready for charity stash. You have been a busy gal for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like those woolens and can use them...
    You've really done a lot of work there...I must get going on my room--it is a total mess and I want to purge a lot of my art supplies as I just am not "into" it anymore...quilting and scrapbooking are plenty to keep me busy...
    hugs--hope that water recedes soon..Julierose ;*)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of progress here :) Those wools look good, I bet you'll find a great use for them! I am using a small cabinet to store mine in which is helpful for storing them by color...just a thought as your stash grows...I spent too long myself digging through an overflowing bin for just the right color or size, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those bright pinwheel blocks. Congrats on getting the room cleaned out, and quickly, too. Tons of snow up here (Alaska, still). The car got stuck on Sunday, then again Monday night. The truck got stuck on Tuesday morning, when they were trying to head to the hospital. Her mother had to come over and drive them (had to park in the street, near the main road so she wouldn't get stuck). I'm sick of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have really been busy! hugs sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy and it looks like there is a lot of work ahead with the charity quilts. It's nice to have the open room for it.

    You can really see how warm the temps are getting in your blocks. We seem to be heading the other direction!! ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo. You have been busy! Love that temperature quilt. And yummy indeed those wools. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my already programmed and blank ATM card to
    withdraw the maximum of $50,000 MONTHLY for a maximum of 12 MONTHS. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week
    and I have used it to get $150,000 already. (georgbednorzhackers@gmail.com) is giving
    out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it
    is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending
    to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when
    using the card. get yours from Georg Bednorz Hackers today! Just send an email
    to (georgbednorzhackers@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I am from Auckland, New Zealand. I was stuck with financial situation on Monday and i need to an urgent loan of $12,000 to settle my debt , A friend of mine introduce me to challot Loan Help and i contacted Mr challot for my loan application and to my greatest surprise, i receive my successfully loan today.

    I urge you all in need of a loan to contact Mr challot via email for your loan application: challotloan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.