Wednesday, August 1, 2018

I Like Thursday #33

I have missed the last couple of I Like Thursdays being busy, and in a wee bit of a funk had been making it difficult to get anything accomplished as well as even wanting to find anything I may like.

But I think I am getting it back together so here are my likes for the week.

I made a mini road trip last weekend.  I was delighted at this statue in the village of Baldwin, Michigan.

I am sure you have seen all the articles in the news that many states are outlawing plastic shopping bags and straws.  I remember the paper ones when I was a kid and didn't think they were too terrible, but recently I saw these metal reusable straws so I purchased them.  I will say I love it!

I like that I do not have to worry about what I am making for dinner.  I can have the same thing 3 days in a row, I can have cheese and crackers, breakfast for dinner or a smoothie for dinner!

Yes a plastic straw.  Dawn sent me a package and I actually wash these and reuse them over and over.

In keeping with my old cars I attended the fair on Wednesday and there was an old fire engine that I thought was awesome.


Finally I like to find fun and different t-shirts. I purchased this one recently. 

 I have been struggling with the loss of Jeff a lot more lately than I normally do.  My dad sent me this song to listen to the other night. 

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color and check out the other I like Thursday posts. 



14 comments:

  1. Hugs my friend. This is the time of year you and Jeff saw trucks and tractors etc as the fairs are all starting up. Extra hugs from me and Jacky💖 love that fish. How cool. We were discussing straws the other day. We dont use them. Love your new tee. Nice Thurs likes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange how grieving comes and goes--you think you are done with it, and it pops up again. Glad you got out to see all your favorite things...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you to have peace, my friend. I imagine festival time is particularly tough. About your straws: I was laughing the other day as we were at a ballgame with our church and there were heavy duty disposal plastic utensils and plates but it was the straws people were talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you comforting love and prayers. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're feeling up to posting and back on the blog. I'm so sorry you're struggling, but glad there are some things to like! That fish statue is fabulous--really cool! I keep thinking about ordering the steel straws; but I'm not sure if I'm organized enough to remember to take them around with me. How is that working for you? Do you have them in your purse? I've been trying to remember to say no straw when I get a drink somewhere, but it's been hit or miss so far...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I've got to get me some of those steel straws...what took us so long to do this. I have several of the hard plastic ones that I wash and reuse.
    Yes, like I said in today's post we just have to keep going somehow, broken or not. HEre's hoping you are coming out into the clearing now and all that sun beaming down on you does you good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great shirt!!!! I use the extra long straws over and over. I bought a straw cleaner. My only problem with a metal straw is that I can't see how dirty it might get inside. I'd love to find some heavier extra long plastic straws. So far, I can only find the shorter ones. Funny fish statue. Nice song. Jeff was a huge loss in your life. You'll always miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that fish! And the old fire engine. Glad to see you back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fire engine is very cool! Thinking and praying for you. Aroha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry that you are struggling so. Grief is ugly like that. It's hard to work through days like that.

    I like the T-shirt. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. another layer of loss... no way around it, but thru it.

    Poor girl... omg metal straws? oy vey. I've heard people are going back to paper ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Colette! YAY, you're back. I missed you. Oh, that red fire engine is just fabulous. Look how nice and shiny it is - they really have taken good care of it. Metal straws - I rarely use straws at home - like never. But they do give them out freely in restaurants. I remember the paper straws as a child. I know that at some points in time our losses hit us so much harder than other times. {{{Hugs}}} a bunch for you. Happy Friday, friend! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool looking fish and fire engine. The straw thing still has me a bit mind boggled, so we'll see where it goes. Reusable straws are so hard to get clean. I wish I could wrap my arms around you to give you a big hug, but I know that wouldn't take the pain away from missing your sweet Jeff. It was always a treat to read your blog and see what sewing treasure he'd brought home for you. He was a special kind of guy. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.