Thursday, October 17, 2019

I Like Thursday #79

I went to bed last night and woke up this morning with the list of things I needed to get done.  Bobbin to the vet, print out coupons for the car service, library, grocery shopping, putting things in the yard away, feed store for the chooks, get gas, take a quilt apart, post office.

I settled in this morning with a cup of coffee and a quilt on my lap to take apart and decide to read some blogs along the way.  I see Diane of Little Penguin Quilts posted an "I Like Thursday" Post.  Dang its Thursday and I haven't written a post.  But!  I do have a few things to share.

1.  Bobbin doesn't have much hair on her chest and neck and she gets abrasions from the nylon collars.  A friend I sew with, her DIL started making fabric covered dog collars.  I thought maybe they would work better.


OK I will admit definite dirty dog.  Ignore my dining room table with the pile of projects.  It actually has gotten worse in the couple of day.  But anyway see her cute little chest?  No abrasions or sores.  The collars are super cute and have all the hardware and are put together nicely. 

I finished my Chi-Chi Chihuahua and since I made her with fat quarters I needed some fabrics to finish her up into a pillow for the couch.  

IMHO I think Bobbin kind of resembles Chi-Chi.

Finally it turned cold, not terribly cold but enough that I think my short are going to get put away for the winter.  My flowers are giving it one more show though.

Petunias and Lantana

Lantana from where I weeded have really started blooming.  Yep more thistle that need to be evicted.

Petunias and geraniums

Another Marigold has made a appearance after the chookzilla stomping.
 I love this Lantan it really burst out again.
I have been reading 3 books.  Usually I have a couple going but I thought these 3 are worth the share.

I have really got sucked into this one.  A look at the battles of the Revolution, giving a face and persona to the people who made our country the America that we love.  Perhaps made more

real with my recent travels.  I see lots of good reviews for this book on Goodreads. 

This is the 4th book in the series.  I will admit I am one of those people who will slog through a whole series.  Sometimes because I have become engaged with the characters or the story line.

I will admit this one I am a wee bit disappointed with.  I find the main character very selfish, self centered and I am only 1/2 way through this book.  Unfortunately I bought the next 2 so maybe in a few months I will read those too.

The final book we are reading at our Wednesday night group.  I find it very interesting, there are stories and anecdotes scattered throughout the book, as well as reference materials and in just a couple of chapters I am very intrigued.

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color to check out the other I Like Thursday Posts. 


12 comments:

  1. Glad I was a part of your decision- making this morning, lol! I love the fabric covered dog collar - so much cuter than the basic ones, and good that they are more comfortable for Bobbin, too. I do think ChiChi looks like Bobbin! I always like to see what you're reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intriguing title for the last book. Your Chi Chi block is stunning. I'm surprised you still have flowers way up north there. As usual, a fun post. mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colette! I know, dang it's Thursday again. Sometimes the week passes by so quickly . . . but never, ever, EVER at work. Sometimes I have a ton of likes and others I think I have nothing to say. Obviously, that would be a rare event (hasn't happened yet) but one week I will skip because I have nothing. LOVE Bobbin and her new collar. She looks so cute posing - she knows she's cute and she's working the camera. What a great solution. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbin looks handsome in that collar. That block is so cool! And definitely has some resemblance to Bobbin. Hope you got your stuff all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Chi Chi block is really cool. I think you should do another one in Bobbin's colors and it would look just like him. Our flowers are hanging in, too, marigold, zinnias, dahlias as we haven't had a killing frost, but it's getting closer.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrr, cold morning to wake up to this morning, glad to see your side by side comparison...yes, she does look like your fabric pup block :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are continuing your busy spell it seems Colette, LOL. I do think Bobbin is like your quilt which is a beauty. Our mums are still beautiful despite a few frost brushes. I've brought in my geraniums and they will overwinter inside well. Have a great weekend now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been traveling with lectures and only catching up now! I love that chichi pillow and yes, I see the resemblance with Bobbin. So glad that collar is working well--and it's cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the chichi is so cute and bobbin is like a cover girl. I like the idea of the collar and might go over Milo's now fraying harness with fabric. Our really cold weather did in most flowers, but we have the ones we put in the garage.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bobbin looks so pretty in that collar. My Bella has hair rub away around her collar so I may try this. Very pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, the Jane Austin Quilt Club book isn't her best. I read the whole series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.