Wednesday, December 2, 2020

I Like Thursday #137

 Welcome to my 137th I Like Thursday post  Thank you to LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color for encouraging us to find, and share things we like during the week.

 I don't  have a lot to share this week.  I have worked for the last 8 days in a row, including doing inventory.  So not any pictures but some really interesting websites to share.

One of my friends shared this video and it made me giggle.

For the Longest Time 

I liked reading this article about a photographer and their portraits from My Modern Met.

He has been touring and photographing Native Americans in their regalia. 

Since November was Native American Heritage Month there were some really interesting articles.

Check out Gina Adams' Broken Treaty Quilts 

My book picks for the week are Ravenmocker by Jean Hager

Molly Bearpaw is an investigator for the Native American Advocacy League and starts an inquiry after 2 strange deaths at a local nursing home.  

My 2nd book is Death on Beacon Hill by PB Ryan.  This is the 3rd installment of the Nell Sweeney mysteries. 

A famous actress is found dead with her maid.  The actress appears to have interrupted a theft by her maid.  The maid shot her, then she shot the maid to death.  Or did she?  Nell Sweeney, Irish Governess to the Hewitt household is tasked to clear the maid by her uncle.  

Now head over to LeeAnna's and check out the other I Like Thursday posts.


7 comments:

  1. Oh you made me so happy with that video and those stories! Thanks so much Collette! Get lots of rest, worry about you and the hours you are working! Hugs from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh two what look like great books, thanks ;)))--I've been searching for a new series to read--
    I hope work settles down for you--I went to our grocery early this morning and they had re-stocked after their power outage--phew--think I got enough to last 'til Christmas--hope so... what a strange world this has become.
    take care and stay safe :() Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 days in a row is a lot! You must be exhausted - hope you have a day off coming right up! Those Broken Treaty quilts are amazing - I thought it was interesting that she put the letters on antique quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're working so much! I have a bad stretch coming up too. I hate that! Your books look interesting as usual. I'll put them on my list. Try to rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Colette! I'm sorry you've been working 8 days straight. I hope there is at least one day off in your very near future. I know it's going to be a crazy busy month, but come on! Everyone needs to rest and refresh. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That video is pretty impressive. Nicely done! lol. Those quilts are impressive, too, but in a very different way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.