Friday, March 11, 2016

Next Steps

I have had a couple of days where I have been sewing my little heart out.

Since I did not have a lot of purples for the RSC that I wanted to use for my foxes, twisted blossom, and I could not find one that I would like for the Crown and Star block I made some stash enhancements at one of my favorite quilt shops.  What was really great is that they will cut fat quarters for you so I chose a wide selection of purples and lavenders.

This is the Crown and Star block in purple.  I am not too sure if I am loving the purple because it almost reads as a brown.
Here are all of my blocks hanging out together.  

I finished filling the pet pillow for quilt guild.  I use scraps that I have trimmed from blocks, and when I square up my fat quarters, yardage.  It took me a year to fill this pillow it is about the size of a king size pillow.  I already have a gallon zip loc full of scraps for the next one. 

I finished all of these units for step 5 for the Allietare quilt.  Yay me!  I also had a few of these to make.
They are all done too.  So I am off to step 6, the final step.  Whatever will I do when I finish all of my steps and have an actual quilt top?






6 comments:

  1. love those crown blocks. I think I have that very same purple in my stash and I think that is why. is it purple? brown?
    your Allietare is coming along too. great progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea you! It's so nice to take the nexxxt step and the next with a day of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, those crown blocks look so nice together. Interesting with the photo the purple does read a bit brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your crown and block blocks! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the crown and star blocks. Yes, in the picture, it does read more brown. It looks nice with the other blocks, and that is what is important.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.