Sunday, June 7, 2015

Grand Illusion Delusions

Here I was sewing my Grand Illusion together when a thought hit me.  I wondered how many actual more blocks I had to make.  I know that as I worked on each unit I counted, and counted again.  I keep all of the parts in a little handy dandy box, including the portion of the pattern I am working on.

I was getting ready to sew the last 5 blocks, and thought I would do a quick count. I had 19 blocks finished.  Wait!  Only 19?  I swore I had 20, I only had parts for 5 more blocks!

Took everything out of the box.  No partially finished or extra parts there.

This is why you do not stack your projects on your ironing board .


I looked on the floor,  and at the scrap pile on the floor.

Through the project pile on my cutting table, and the scrap box on my cutting table.
The scrap box on my cutting table.
And the pile of squares stacked by my cutting table.  Nope I didn't have that section sitting anywhere!  I then started digging to see if I had any parts remaining.

I have a few pieces laying around.
I needed a four patch unit, two broken dishes units, and two of the diamond units.  I got them put together lickety split.  I am finally working on the sashing and cornerstones.  The story of my life. 

9 comments:

  1. I kept thinking as I read this, that I hoped maybe you had left a block at your daughter's house. I so glad you able to find some extra parts to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Glad there were enough pieces to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my day, I spend more time looking for something than sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just described a typical day over here...lol You'll have the quilt finished in no time, now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep same here. I cant tell you how many times a project gets stalled......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stacks of scraps and pieces look like my sewing room. I think it's the norm for most of us. Glad you found some units to sew together for block #20!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just hate it when that happens? I know I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.