Wednesday, March 11, 2020

I Like Thursday #100

Woohoo!  Made it to the big one!  Thanks to LeeAnna for encouraging us to find things we like, or love during the week and share with some other awesome bloggers.

I like the new pet water fountain that I purchased.

It comes with a nifty pad, and it lights up, you can remove the flower so it just bubbles.  So far it is a hit with Lucy and Bobbin.  In one day they have drank approximately 1/4 of the water and it holds 2.5 liters.  I decided to purchase this fountain when I noticed Bobbin does not drink a whole lot.  Since she has urinary problems with the bladder stone, and most recently a really high PH and crystals in her urine I started watching her, and while Lucy drinks a lot, Bobbin not so much.  I thought maybe if I can get her to drink more it would help the urinary problems. My daughter had been reading that many times animals like running water for some reason, and I thought about how crazy Bobbin is about the shower, the bathtub, and thought why not try it.

I like that I got my peg board hung up.  I had purchased some small wire baskets as well as some pegs and they are handy to hold smaller rulers.

I found a couple more rulers that need to be hung up there too when I take the time to travel to the vortex (upstairs quilting room) to retrieve them.

I like my new clock that I got for my sewing room.  Perhaps it is because in many ways to me time stopped when Jeff died.  I really didn't care what time it was, I had nowhere to go, nowhere to be.  But now that I am working, time seems to be very precious.  I like to squeeze in a few minutes here and there sewing, so my sewing room needed a clock.

I kind of love the whimsy.  The little scissors are the pendulum. 

My new space is taking shape slowly. I really need to work on my scraps again and get them moving along into the scrap saver system.  A little at a time though right?

Biola University does what they call the Lent project every year.  There were a couple of pieces of art that I thought were amazing in the past couple of weeks.

Der Schwebende (The Hovering/Floating One)  Go to the about tab at the bottom of the page to read about Barlach's Hovering Angel.  There are some better photos here in an article about the sculpture's travels to The British Museum.


Also from the Biola Univerity Lent Project take the time to study Lynn Aldrich's piece titled Unlearning the Darkness.  As quilters and fiber artists I thought this piece was amazing.  You can see more of this artist's fascinating works at Lynn Aldrich.

I saw this piece about Raphael's 12 tapestries that were returned to be displayed at the Sistine Chapel after 500 years.  The tapestries had been restored over a 10 year period, and only were on display for a week.  Oh to be a lucky person to have been visiting the Sistine Chapel during that time. 

Remember when I shared about the VW car that was in a beetle display at the Cleveland Natural History Museum?  Well obviously those guys that set up the displays have an awesome sense of  humor, even in other museums.....because throughout the Denver National History Museum there are elves, unicorns, angels and even a Millennium Falcon hidden through out the displays.  Hidden Elves.

My current book that I am reading is Rain Will Come by Thomas Holgate.  This is a Kindle First book which means that I received a copy before it goes on sale April 1, 2020.  The story is a good premise a messed up detective puts together two seemingly unrelated murders to discover there is a serial killer out there.  The problem is this killer is killing people who have committed ghastly crimes, and seemingly have gotten away with it.  The language is coarse, the subject matter is very dark, and detective Paul Czarcik is a mess, but I can't seem to put the story down. 

Finally as I was walking out of work yesterday I spied these beautiful flowers.  I call them calla lilies, but if they are known by  different name I am not too sure what it is.


The colors were astounding.  Yellow, purple, a reddish coral, and almost mauve. 

Thanks for visiting.  Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color and check out the other I Like Thursday posts. 


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful calla lillies. Yes Dunkin drinks more with the fountain and the vet says his fur is so healthy and soft. I had always had the fountain for Phoebe and Dunks. Love how your sewing room is shaping up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those flowers. I'm ready for some Spring around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your special clock, and what it represents to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers and such a cute sewing room clock...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Colette! Yippee to #100! Those flowers!!! OMG they are gorgeous. Great addition, the bubbling fountain. I'm glad that sweet little Bobbin is drinking more now. I'm sure it a new attraction to check out as well, but anything that keeps her hydrated is a good thing. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clock!! Yes, calla lillies. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - hidden elves. That's awesome. The sugar house we visited had gnomes - we counted 30 of them, but I didn't ask how many there actually were. lol

    The water fountain sounds like a great idea, especially if it helps out Bobbin. Love your pegboard and the clock. All excellent stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pegboard with the baskets looks so handy, and I love the little clock! So perfect for your sewing room. I should work on scrap organizing, too - it's a neverending battle, isn't it?! Those flowers are beautiful! Color is so appealing this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful post, Colette. I love that clock! And yes to encouraging Bobbin to drink more with that enticing new water fountain. I followed your link and read about the HOvering Angel...what a story and so sad the creator didn't live to know it had survived. It is truly monumental, isn't it. Thanks for sharing. And calla lilies always remind me of spring. Far more colours there than I've seen around here. Beauties all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting post! Loved it. I like your idea of storing rulers on the pegboard instead of taking up my precious table space. Lovely flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great likes! I love your peg board and swooned for the sewing clock! It's good to see Bobbin's drinking fountain! He must be happy with it. Have a safe week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those plants are Calla Lilies, although they are not members of the lily family. It's a tender bulb, so it needs to be dug up in the fall. That clock is perfect for your sewing room.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sewing room is going to be full of character with your little bits and pieces in it - love your clock! Your latest book sounds like a great read! I've always known those bulbs as Calla lilies as well - here, they come up in December and I love that they seem to be a bringer of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your clock! So cool!! I like the water fountain. I'm sure Bobbin will enjoy it! Your sewing room looks quite organized. Love the flowers! So cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful idea, the peg board, love the flowers and the pet fountain...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.