Wednesday, March 18, 2020

I Like Thursday #101

Welcome to my 101st I Like Thursday post.   Every Thursday there are a handful of bloggers that are encouraged to post fun things they have found during the week that we love. 

I know this week was a tough one for everyone.  I will admit that it has been very tough for me, and my family. While my daughter and I are working, trying to keep store shelves stocked, we have been working a lot of extra hours.  The anxiety is palatable and working at a grocery store has been tough, people are afraid, and angry and we get the brunt of it at times.  We have tried to keep positive, to work harder and longer hours to make sure that everything is stocked as fast as we can, and try to be sympathetic and understanding. 

On my days off I have normally social distance---I like to call it hermitting, but I had to go out to pick up a vaccine for the boy kitten.  He needs his 2nd dose of distemper, and I could pick it up at Tractor Supply.  I also met one of the elder ladies from church to see if I can figure out what is wrong with her sewing machine.  Who would have thought that Tractor Supply would have so many cool things?!?!

As I walked through the door I spied this cool glider.

Not only was the glider cool, but check out the pillow with the Ohio Star quilt pattern. 

I went around the corner and spotted this giant metal rooster.  

With some little metal chicks behind it. 

I went down the aisle further and saw these rooster yard lights, the ones you put along your flower beds. 
I looked up an there were these awesome big yard lights with a welcome sign.

The lights were solar. 

The shelves behind held a huge light up chicken.


A super cute piggy planter.

Some tiny metal chicks.

I was good, well pretty good.  I had to buy this cast iron pig for my daughter.

I Like that the weather is getting a wee bit warmer.  The girl kitten likes to hang out by the back door.

She is such a pretty girl.

I Like Atlas Obscura this one shows 8,986 places of interest in Northern America.  It is interactive and there are some awesome things to see.

8986 Places

Finally I had 2 books this week that I enjoyed. 

Stipulations and Complications by Becki Willis.  This is book 3 in The Sisters Texas series.  Did you know there is a whole genre of literature called widow lit?  Madison Reynolds has returned to her hometown, after losing her husband and home.  She opens up a temp agency working doing odd jobs to make ends meet.  In this installment she is in the middle of a remodel of The Big House (A historic mansion) with the help of a HGTV type show called Home Again. A skeleton is found in the cellar in a secret room.....and that is just the start. 

My 2nd book I read this week was Sulfur Springs by William Kent Krueger.   This is the 16th installment of the Cork O'Connor series.

A weird short phone call from his step son Peter, to Cork's new wife Rainy Bissonnette and they are heading out of Minnesota, south to Coronado County Arizona near the Mexican border looking for Rainy's son. 

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color and check out the other I Like Thursday posts. 






12 comments:

  1. Neat stuff this week--thanks for giving us a peek into your shopping...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo love those chickens and your pretty girl reminds me of my Phoebe.great likes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering about you, working at the grocery store. It's unfortunate that people turn ugly when they are afraid - especially when we're all in the same boat. Who knew Tractor Supply had all those fun things to look at?! I love William Kent Krueger's books, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colette! I am so sorry that you are having to work extra shifts and taking the brunt of people's fears. {{Hugs}} The tractor supply store sure has some fun stuff! I just LOVE the cast iron pig - I'm glad you got it for your daughter. The little girl kitty looks so precious. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess we'll all be ready to go shopping when this is all over! I like that last author you mentioned but haven't read that book! I'll see if my library has it! Stay healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that metal rooster. Such a pretty kitty! Hermitting - I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The grocery stores are insane these days. You deserve a Medal of Honor for working there! Thank you. I love Tractor Supply with all their cool goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that link to Atlas Obscura...never heard of it and had to go and check out all the Labrador markers and Baffin Island. It is fascinating. I was hoping they had marked Cape Spear,Newfoundland, the most easterly spot in North America.
    Wow couldn't get over that Tractor Supply place...what fabulous merchandise for the garden. I would love each and all of them.
    Lastly so sorry the burden this quarantine is putting on you and your daughter. Your exposure is a worry and also the stress these stressed out folks might be putting on you and affecting your immune system. Please take care as much as you are able.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy those types of stores. I even like going to an old TRUE VALUE store in Sun City! They have so many things I didn’t know I needed. We do appreciate what you , your daughter and all the grocery store workers and other essential workers out there giving up their time and energy to protect the rest of us. I went today to pick up a grocery order and the woman who delivered my order was so helpful. Hang in there and make time to slow down and take care of yourself. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I covet that glider....I looovvve it. Loved all of the cute things you have shown. I am sorry you have to take the brunt of people's frustrations. It certainly is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Tractor Supply store has some great items! It's certainly getting more difficult to find positives every week but they're there if we look for them! I hope you don't have to put in too many extra hours. The grocery stores are crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.