Thursday, March 26, 2020

Making Progress


While it doesn't seem like it,  I have been making some progress, not only on the cleaning front, but moving some projects along.  It is nice to go into my spreadsheet and make a notation of I worked on it this day, or it is a flimsy and needs to be sandwiched, quilted..... you get the idea.  I will share more about my spreadsheet further down in this post.

I shared on my I Like Thursday #99 that I got a peg board.  Well I managed to hang it and it actually is straight!

I have hung a bunch of my larger rulers and the baskets are holding some smaller ones.  I am pretty pleased with it overall.

I also bought a cork strip which I hang things that I love.


I jokingly stated that if I finish something I can start something new.  Well I have actually finished a couple of things lately.  Well almost finished.  I have been really trying to stay on task. 

The Mod Geo Cruiser Jr. I am currently sewing on the binding.   I have a quilt label designed, and I know I need to put on a hanging sleeve.  I work on it when I have time to sit for a few minutes without being pestered by a dog. 


I finished the quilting on a winter quilt I bought from a LQS a few years ago.  I even have the fabric for the binding.

I need to trim/square up the quilt and cut the binding, and get it sewn on.  I will do that after I finish the handwork for the Mod Geo Cruiser Jr.

As I am cleaning, putting away, and inventorying what I have quilting wise I started a spread sheet.  One tab is UFO's.  I count a UFO as anything that I have fabric, a pattern, and started to cut out.  The main theme is it has to had some type of action, other than buying the fabric.  As of March 26, 2020 I have found and charted 96 UFO and have actually finished 4, so I will tentatively say I have 92 UFO, but I am sure I have more and as I find them I add them to the list.  I have different categories of where they are in the process all the way to the final label.

I have a quilting tab which lists the quilts waiting to be quilted.  When I start to quilt, finish, and start and finish the binding and even as far as making a label.

Finally I have a tab for the quilts that I have kits, or have fabric, a pattern and have kitted up myself.  I have 38 as of last count, but I know I have others that are not listed.

I will say it is a real eye opener on what I need to work on.  I have been plucking the low hanging fruit and moving stuff along.  I have mentioned before I hate doing borders for some reason.  But I grabbed those quilts and accomplished a little each day.

I got the borders on the yellow brick road quilt.  I have a batting and a backing I need to pull out to get the wrinkles out, so I can sandwich this one. 

I have the borders partially on the saw toothed square quilt.  I just need to miter the corners.  I have a batting and backing for this one also which I need to pull out so that the wrinkles will work out before I sandwich. 

I  went on a hunt and found the Alletaire Quilt, the directions, and one of the border fabrics.  The final border is just black.

Borders are an easy sew after I get off work, even if I only get one border on a night that is progress. 

Today was a day off for me from work so I sewed a wee bit.  I finished the Dresden Charity Quilt Top for Guild.

I finished the last block of the BOM we were doing for the Tuesday sewing group.

I put all of the blocks on the wall.  I originally thought of setting them on point, but I didn't like it the chevron looking block looked funny on point to me. I think they need something maybe a block to tie them all together and alternating the blocks and adding sashing and cornerstones. 

This quilt was made from my Bonnie and Camille hoard  stash.  I still have enough fabric to make about 10 more quilts. 

Recently I saw this and embroidered a pillowcase for my bed using my embroidery machine. 

I saw a free quilt pattern called Circle of Friend by Robert Kaufman, you can find it on their website,  and decided that I wanted to make it so I have been accumulating the fabric.

There are 25 different purples Kona purples in this quilt.  I don't order stuff from Missouri Star often but I was mighty impressed with how they labeled each and every one.

During this time I have been trying to support small stores.  I found these awesome fat quarter bundles.





I saw this pattern by Gnomeangel and knew I had to make it someday.

I think it would be an awesome way to use scraps.  Oh all the background are pieced squares so I need to start pulling my neutrals from my stash.

I saw this BOM and knew I had to join.  It is called Southwest Sunrise.

I already bought the background fabrics, but I think a lot of the different blocks can be made from scraps from my stash.  Awe heck, I know they can.

During this quarantine time have you seen all the Sew alongs that have been posted.

Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket quilts has a mystery block a day quilt going.  I have been saving the steps, it looks gorgeous so far, even if I haven't had a chance to sew along.

One of the LQS is doing a block a day also using Moda Blockheads Round 2.  Daily we get a new pattern via e-mail.


Piecing the Past Quilts is having a Comfort and Joy Civil War quilt Sampler which will start in April, you just need to sign up.  I have a lot of Civil war fabrics. 

River's Edge Antiques and Quilts also has a mystery Quilt a long going. 

Have you joined any of these quilt along parties?

Finally I accumulated some cute boy fabrics.

I wonder whatever will I make with these?

I have a charity project on the quilter.  I think I will pull an old project and finish it up, and then choose a new project to start to work on.  Oh the decisions.  































12 comments:

  1. wowie! You got so much done! And all so pretty. I like the dresden... I'm not doing any quilt alongs but have over the years and it's fun. Scritches to Bobbin and the kittens, and the hens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun stuff happening at your house. Great progress too

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been one busy lady! Are you still working or did you take a leave during the days of virus? So impressed with your bike quilt! Have fun in the sewing room! As for pestering dogs, I found that if the weather is good, walking Miss Scout is wearing her out enough to get some things done here. Unfortunately, it's also wearing me out :D Have a great day and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that framed pegboard, what is the size--hubs is looking for a project...can I get him to make me one? Can I, can I can I??? Huh? hahahaha
    You have a lot of projects on the go...me, not so much...
    am mask-making and binding tie-making...4 more to go...
    then i can get back to my Courthouse Steps fun...
    Stay vigilant..
    Elbow Waggling at ya' Julierose;)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this review of your UFO,s and stash and ideas for new projects too. You have no shortage of any so lots to keep you happily stitching. I think the spreadsheet is an awesome way to keep track of your progress and any stitch made is a step forward. Hope work is going okay and you are able to stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and P.S. I wish I could thank all the grocery stockers and cashiers on the job providing food for us..the forgotten heros for sure...
    so I am thanking you and your people...it must be very scarey working through this. Sending prayers for you all...~ ~ ~ ~ waving madly from afar Julierose :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pillowcase. Lots to keep you busy for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All thanks to Elegant loan firm for helping me secure a of $1,000,000.00 USD to establish my Foodstuff supermarket business in different places. I have been looking for a financial help for the past four years. But now, am completely stressed free all the help of the loan officer Mr Russ Harry. So, I will advise any person who seek for funds to improve his or her business to contact this great firm for help, and it is real and tested. You can reach them through- Email --Elegantloanfirm@Hotmail.com-  or Whats-app +393511617486.

    ReplyDelete



  9. Are you in financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills? I got mine from Him. My blank ATM card can withdraw $ 2,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $14,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on . *email: int.hackers002@gmail.com

    GET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE
    *He sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide,the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores and unlimited on POS.*

    *email: int.hackers002@gmail.com

    *you can also call or whatsapp us Contact us today for more enlightenment
    +1(301) 329-5298

    ReplyDelete
  10. GET RICH WITH BLANK ATM
    I'm here to testify about Master Harry blank ATM cards which can withdraw
    money from any ATM machines around the world. I was very poor before and
    have no job.I saw so many testimony about how Harry send them the ATM blank
    card and use it to collect money in any ATM machine and become rich. I
    email him also and He sent me the blank card. I have use it to get 500,000
    dollars. withdraw the maximum of $1000 -$5,000 daily. Master Harry is giving out
    the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM
    Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic
    mode.on how to get it the card here are his details<<harrytechworld@gmail.
    com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you need to hack into any, databaseserver spy on Facebook,Emails, Whatsapp, Viber, Snapchat, Instagram and many more.
    I urge you to get in touch with the best people for the job, i have confirm the service when i need to spy on my spouse phone. They are good at Phone Cloning and other hack job.
    Thanks guys for the team work HACKINTECHNOLOGYATGMAILDOTCOM
    +12132951376(WHATSAPP)

    ReplyDelete

  12. GET YOUR BLANK CARD FOR FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH (­blankatmhacker007@­yahoo.­com ) or WATSAPP: +1 (620) 307-3174.


    WHEN I GOT MY BLANK ATM CARD FROM CJ BLANK CARD (­blankatmhacker007@­yahoo.­com)­EVERYTHING CHANGED FOR ME!!!


    Hello Guys, My Life will never remain the same!!! I’m so happy I got mine from Robert Hernandez. My blank ATM card can withdraw €3000 weekly. I got it from them last week and now I have up to €15,000. The ATM card withdraws money from any automated teller machines worldwide. There’s no name on it, it’s also untraceable. I was directly linked to this organization on the dark web and I’m really happy i got lucky enough to meet them because I’m a 99.9% skeptical when it comes to things like this, but it turns out they work as underground launderers in turkey, mostly ziraat bank and have a 100% policy against scams. The card can be sent to you through DHL in two days if you contact them early via e-­mail:­blankatmhacker007@­yahoo.­com or watsapp: +1 (620) 307-3174. or kindly find more on their website Get yours now. I mean right now if you know you’re struggling financially and thank me for eternity. Whatsapp. +1 (620) 307-3174.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.