Wednesday, March 4, 2020

I Like Thursdays #99

Welcome to my 99th post on I Like Thursday.  Every week LeeAnna encourages us to write about things we have seen, heard, read that we like. 

I like that this is my 99th post! 

I don't know why but when I think of the number 99 I think of a couple of different things. 

99 Luftballons by Nena which was recorded during the cold war in 1983.


The other thing I think of is the song 99 bottles of beer on the wall.  Did you ever sing that when you were on a car or bus trip?  Did you ever get to zero? 

I like my cookie cutter that my daughter had made for me. 

That is my Bobbin's face! 

I love Pendleton blankets, especially the Chief Joseph Blankets.  Growing up my grandmother always had one or two laying around to curl up in.  Even though they were wool, kind of heavy, and scratchy, you really didn't appreciate them unless you were really cold. 

Since the dog and cat, which by the way it is amazing that they are not totally hairless, shed like the dickens, I decided to try to cover my loveseat  for a wee bit of protection.  Pendleton now makes beach/spa towels, and they are so heavy and plush.  Just WOW! 

Gorgeous colors and patterns too!

My sewing room is coming along, and I decided maybe a peg board would help organize some of the multitude of rulers I have.  I ordered this one off of Etsy, custom made. 

I can't wait to hang it up! 

I love that my flowers I received are still looking gorgeous. 

This rose is so beautiful I just had to share.

The group I sew with on Tuesdays decided to do a panel quilt as a class.  I was lucky I had a panel already to use which I had won from Dawn of Relaxing Robin.  We made an easy attic window type quilt.  These are fun to figure out, but you need to be careful with the placement of your window frames otherwise your objects can look a wee bit distorted.  We laughed, and giggled trying to figure out the "quilt math" for all the different panels that were being used. 

My top is done.  Now to figure out a backing, how to quilt it and bind it. 

The book I am reading this week is Murder on the Rocks by J. S. Strange.

Lots of twists and turns in this Welsh murder mystery. 

Finally my friend shared this on Facebook and it brought a smile to many of us.


Now head over to LeeAnna's to check out the other I Like Thursday Posts.  

Not Afraid of Color <=====  click here!









15 comments:

  1. I....love....your....cookiecutter!and your deer came out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colette! Look at all of those hummingbirds - what a cool video. Ooh, I wonder if it's getting to be the time to put my hummer feeder out?? 60 degrees this weekend - they could be coming out soon, maybe. Congrats on reaching #99! I know there were a few times in there you weren't sure . . . but you hung on, and I'm glad you did. I adore the Bobbin cookie cutter. What a sweet gift! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Joseph blanket--so pretty..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. a bobbin cookie cutter... cool. Love pendleton... we have a P-store in Ft Collins and I got a glorious wool thin drapey sweater there on sale in a grand shade of blue green! The book looks good, yea to organization. I use a letter sorter to org my rulers. the attic window idea is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the hummingbird pool party - what a fun thing to see! Your Bobbin cookie cutter is fun, too. Isn't amazing when flowers last a long time like that? I have a panel I should try that with - I've been wondering what I should do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Customized cookie cutter? Very cool. I have some panels that are in the stash-hmm. That yellow rose is just perfect. What a great list of likes.
    Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again so many fun things to comment on but I will have to say....I don't appreciate the 99 bottles of beer...cos I am going to be singing it for the rest of the day..ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, good stuff. What a great cookie cutter! Yay for the pegboard - I'm debating about getting one, too. Pretty rose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to try that quilt! Like your cookie cutter but bobbin want like you eating cookie that looks like him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those hummers together-thanks for sharing that little video. A Bobbin cookie cutter is adorable. What a great gift. It sounds like a fun time learning how to do the attic style quilt. Wish there were quilting groups around here. I miss sewing friends and the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those hummingbirds in the birdbath are so cool to watch! and we never did get finished with the 99 bottles of beer song. Though now my niece knows the song that never ends so she loves singing that over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 99 is a great number! Love the Bobbin cookie cutter!! Your blankets look thick and warm. Yellow roses are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on 99 I Like Thursday posts! Both of those songs come to mind when I think of the number 99, too. :) The cookie cutter is fabulous! How fun that your daughter made it for you. Hmmm... we have a small Pendleton blanket my husband received through a conference in Pendleton, Oregon a few years ago. I should put it out on the couch so it gets more use. Your rose is gorgeous! I can almost smell it, just looking at your photo. I hope you have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your quilt top is amazing. I like the window look to it. At first I thought that was the panel quilt you and your friends worked on, but then I wondered how you happened to have the right panel. :-) Your daughter's cookie cutter is awesome. What fun you'll have using it. The cover on the mystery book would make a great quilt design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All thanks to Elegant loan firm for helping me secure a of $1,000,000.00 USD to establish my Foodstuff supermarket business in different places. I have been looking for a financial help for the past four years. But now, am completely stressed free all the help of the loan officer Mr Russ Harry. So, I will advise any person who seek for funds to improve his or her business to contact this great firm for help, and it is real and tested. You can reach them through- Email --Elegantloanfirm@Hotmail.com-  or Whats-app +393511617486.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.