Wednesday, November 18, 2020

I Like Thursday #135

 Welcome to my little corner of the blogiverse and 135th I Like Thursday.  Thank you to LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for encouraging us to find, and share a little brightness and positivity.

 I like that I am going to have 6 days off in a row.  I had to fight to get my vacation, but I feel bad because I know that out of the 5 other employees only one will end up working harder, but some times things have to fall apart for someone to take notice and make changes.  

I like my all purpose Thanksgiving decorations.  I am a purist.  I have to have Thanksgiving first before I start to think about Christmas.  My little pumpkins which were part of my Halloween decorations can be turned with their sweet sentiments and be part of my Thanksgiving decor.

I love my silly turkey which I made many years ago when my daughters were young.  

I love this little pumpkin tea light holder.  

I saw this meme and it made me laugh.



The weather has gotten cooler so I pulled out one of my favorite wool hats.  My cousin Hazel created the pattern based upon on of the Hupa Tribes motifs which are used as decorations on basketry, wood carvings, and clothing.

My books for the week were The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner.  Just after WWII an unlikely group of people in the village of Chawton band together to try to save a home that was one of the last that Jane Austen resided in.  I thoroughly enjoyed the book.


Due or Die is the 2nd installment in the Library Lover's Mystery by Jenn McKinlay.  Carrie Rushton the newly elected president of the Friends of the Library has been accused of murder.  Throw in an nor'easter and Lindsay is busy trying to clear Carrie, and solve where the puppy came from that was left in the book drop.  


Killing Trail by Margaret Mizushima book one of the Timber Creek K9 Mysteries.  Mattie Cobb and her dog Robo have been called in to track a killer.  What they discover is a partially buried body of a local teen and her Great Pyrenees is laying buy his former master and been shot.  With the help of Cole Walker the local veterinarian, and newly divorced single father will Mattie and Cole be able to locate the killer?  


Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color and check out the other I like Thursday posts.   




 


10 comments:

  1. That is a nice vacation to look forward to - 6 days in a row! I have to have Thanksgiving decorations first before Christmas comes out, too. Yours are fun! I loved The Jane Austen Society - so glad you did, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hat is special... I'm the same about decorations. Enjoy pumpkins and those colors til Thanksgiving then it's all Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, no Christmas decor until after Thanksgiving. How did you manage 6 days off right before Thanksgiving? Enjoy and get lots done. I'll add Jane Austen Society to my list.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Jane Austen Society! It's one of my favorite recent reads. Six days off in a row is great! Enjoy! Love your decorations. So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huzzah for 6 days off. That's awesome! I agree that Thanksgiving should be before Christmas stuff! I had not seen that meme before - had to laugh, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your vacation. Your decorations are pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a knitter and I love Hazel's hat. Looks nice & warm. I've knitted myself a few hats in different weights for walking Gracie in any sort of weather. Thanks for the book tips and enjoy your vacation! Everyone needs a breather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm quite impressed with your wool hat. Imagine having a little bit of history in the form of a pattern on your head. Love it. Clever Hazel. I hope you enjoy every minute of your days off. Try not to give a single thought to work. Yes, to getting Thanksgiving over before the Christmas begins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.