Thursday, April 15, 2021

I Like Thursday #156

 Welcome to my 156th I Like Thursday post.  I am a wee bit late posting, well at least later than normal.


I had my 2nd COVID shot on Monday.  By that evening my arm was very achey but nothing else.  Tuesday was my day off and again nothing more than the achey, sore arm.  I will say it was sore enough it was difficult to do my shoulder exercises.  By 9 pm Tuesday night I had a pretty nasty headache (I no longer get headaches often---I jokingly say it is probably because I no longer have a man in my life to cause it. 😮)  I went to bed, the next morning at work, the headache continued and my tummy felt off.  After 4 hours I decided I had enough and went home.   I curled up with Bobbin and slept for several hours.

Bobbin's favorite days are when I nap, often, and she can curl up with me.  Late Wednesday evening I was feeling loads better and crawled off to bed early.  Hence the late post.  But I like that I have all the vaccinations and that I feel a wee bit safer.  After 2 weeks I will feel loads better and more sure yet. 

The babies are getting big, to the point where we are going to have to split them into 2 tanks.  

You can see that they are getting their feathers.  They grow so quickly.

Thursdays are my cheat days and last week I went to Bob Jo's frozen custard.  This used to be Jeff's and my favorite treat!  Now I share with Bobbin.  

I forgot to share the awesome surprise that arrived a couple of weeks ago.  My cousin who lives in Vermont has a syrup operation, imagine my delight when a box full of syrup arrived!  

These are quart containers and is such an awesome gift for me, because every morning for breakfast I have Irish Steel Cut Oats, what is also called groats, with a tablespoon of butter, a tablespoon of syrup, and a tablespoon of brown sugar.  I do not know why, but eating this for breakfast stays with me for a good 10-12 hours unlike if I eat cold cereal with milk, or even eggs and bacon.  

I read a couple of books this past week.  

Rituals by Mary Anna Evans which is the 8th installment of the Faye Longchamps archaeological series.  Faye and her newly adopted daughter are in Rosebower, New York a town founded by Spiritualist, As usual a death, old secrets and many strange things surround Faye as she tries to unravel why was one of the premier spiritualists killed in a fire, the door to her seance room nailed shut, and whatever happened to the crystal ball?

The Moonglow Cafe by Deborah Garner is the 2nd Paige MacKenzie mystery which takes place in Montana.  Paige is sent to Timberton, Montana to research Montana Sapphires called Yogos.  Paige meets the locals and finds a hidden journal.  


Deadly Dram by Melinda Mullet is the 3rd in the Whiskey Business Mysteries.  Abi Logan has owned Abbey Glenn and their whiskey has been nominated for an award and it is a 5 day competition at a 5 star resort.  The night of the opening ceremonies one of the judges is found dead, and one of the up and comers a Japanese Whiskey, and its creator are suspected in the death.  Abi wants to protect her friend, but discover who is killing the judges.  


 

Not a lot going on this week, now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color and check out the other I Like Thursday posts. 





11 comments:

  1. Hooray for being fully vaccinated! I am, too. Glad you didn't have too bad a reaction to the 2nd one. I think everyone seems to handle it differently. It sounds so nice to have little Bobbin to curl up and nap with you.
    Your frozen custard looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you had a bit of a reaction to your second vaccine. I read somewhere that sometimes that means you already had some antibodies in your system! Your body was doing exactly as it’s supposed to. I’m not a medical person, so it could be “bunk”! Anyway I’m glad you and Bobbin were able to take it easy, your chicks ARE growing quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colette! Aww, that is a sweet picture of Bobbin. She's a nice snuggler - nice and warm. So glad you got your second shot. I was out for a day and a half - I was SO tired I couldn't stay awake. That custard cone looks SO good. YUM! And that Vermont syrup is yummy, yummy, yummy. That will be delicious on your groats. I eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday. I hope you have an excellent week. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at that syrup! And that frozen custard. Bobbin looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like real maple syrup. It's expensive but well worth the price. Lucky you to get it as a gift. Sorry you had a bad reaction to your 2nd shot. Hopefully you are over the worst. It's such a relief to have both shots done, although there's plenty of reason to still be cautious. And those chicks are so cute. They'll keep you busy for a while.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so grateful you got your second vaccine! My mom had similar side effects from her second shot. Glad dr. Bobbin took care of you with good snugglies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have not been able to go to a sugar shack for pancakes and maple syrup for two years now...yuck. A little goes a long way I find with maple syrup and I do love it too sometimes on oatmeal and sometimes in one of my tea concoctions. Great gift for you. We have both had the first vaccine and look forward to the second. Good for you Colette. Daughter has more chicks and we can't get over how fast they grow. My, that custard cone looks so good. Do you cook your steel cut oats for long?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbin looks pretty snuggly in that photo! I’ll bet that syrup is delicious. I had read somewhere that Princess Diana’s engagement ring was a Yogo sapphire. They sound like good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you got your Covid vaccine. It's so worth it even if you get sick from it. I'm so glad Bobbin was around to help you feel better! I love Vermont maple syrup! Enjoy it with your breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got my second shot a couple weeks ago and felt yucky for a couple days and then it was gone. Let's hope it works and we can get back to seeing smiles and hugging. Bobbin looks quite content! Sweet little chicks and yummy ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My arm was really sore after the first shot, but I took Ibuprofen when I got the 2nd shot, and I was fine. Sorry you got sick from the shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.