Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bali Hai

I feel in such a tropical mood.  Yep I am sporting the coconut bra and grass skirt,



in my mind that is, and listening to Bloody Mary sing Bali Ha'i.


                    
When I volunteered to do a pattern test for HRQ (Her Royal Quiltiness) Quilt Sue at Quilt Times I decided to use some color inspiration.  I decided I wanted tropical!  Kind of tropical seas with the blues, aquas, greens. 
I started with this image from design seeds.
Pulled and auditioned these fabrics.
Threw some out, and added new ones.
Including what I thought would be a bubbly border.

 Pieced a backing from my stash.

And Out came Tropical Shores Tubix.
I even quilted this one on the domestic machine using Aurifil white thread.  Can you tell I am in love with the colors, and even my quilting on this quilt and so wish I had a more beachy place to photo the quilt than my back lawn.

Oh and that sense of foreboding I had was all for naught!  Everything came out clean and white.  Even the spot that I dropped a bing cherry pit onto the white border late last night while I was trying to finish up my binding!


8 comments:

  1. I am so glad every thing came out okay!! This is a beautiful quilt! I love how you arranged the rows of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I would have been nervous about putting the quilt in the machine too. But look at it! It is gorgeous! Really neat pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome. I love the colors you pulled together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this. the colors are so pretty! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours, they really do shout tropical beaches and seas. Thanks so much for doing an awesome job of testing this for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you used, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt! Perfect for the shore...your quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the blue version of Tubix, gorgeous quilt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.