Thursday, August 20, 2015

15 Minutes

We had rain all night long, which meant it was going to be a bit iffy if I was going to sit today or not for the daughter.  I was told 7, then 7:30, then 8.  Since I had been ready to walk out the door to be there by 7:30 I had about 15 minutes to use. 

I have a Christmas table runner all cut out and it has been sitting in baggies on my sewing table for about 3 years now.  I grabbed it the other day and started to figure out what I needed to do to get ready to just sew.  Fortunately I had almost everything cut except for 15- 1 1/2" squares.  I got them cut and marked.  I had actually started to sew on it a wee bit yesterday. 

I had time to press open the seams and put a pin in one intersection and stuff in my project bag. 
Trim the corners and press.
Sew the 3rd corner.
Trim the corner and run the pieces through the machine to put on the 4th corner.
Not too shabby.  OK granted it was only about 8 pieces, but every little bit counts. 





6 comments:

  1. love your fabrics. cant wait to see what you are making

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that bit o' sewing put you in the right mood for the day, too! I have many WIPs over 3 years old...I am starting the great purge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what 15 min. here and there can do. Love that pale green fabric--how long is the runner going to be?? Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we have to grab those moments and you managed to do quite a bit with them. I'm with the Monkey Boys all week so I'll be trying to grab moments like these. The fabrics look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do as much as you can and you will get it done

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those 15 minutes add up. I love having my little craft room with things set up so I can do just what you did. Pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.