Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Radiating Sparkler Flop

I started working on this block Sunday night.  It is called Radiating Sparklers, and it was the block I chose for an online quilt group that I participate in for a BOM. 

 This is as far as I got when I called it a night last night. 

We had storms forecasted for Sunday evening and early Monday morning.  We got a wee bit of the storm,but not as much as the upper mitten part of Michigan received.  So I didn't have to be at the kid's house until 8 am.  I worked a bit more on the block.

This evening when I got home I finished it up.  After making several mistakes.  Mistakes that made it so that I had to recut 2 sets of squares to finish up the block. 

I have a couple of projects that I needed some background fabric.  I wanted some of Lizzie House's mini pearl bracelets in the white on white.  Before we left for vacation I found it, and had a super coupon so I purchased it for less than $8 per yard.

I also had an inkling for a certain look for my guild challenge.  Of course I decided I wanted something which is not easy to locate.  I got lucky and found some Allison Glass Bike Path white on white on Etsy so now I can start on my guild challenge quilt. 

I got my ends all tied into my quilt.  I found fabric.  Now I need to measure the quilt and cut binding.  Maybe that will be finished this week.



8 comments:

  1. It is always frustrating when a mistake requires re-cutting fabric. Your block turned out great though. I love your white fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your sparkler. and isnt it always nice to get fabric acquisitions> kind of like the feeling you used to get with back to school shopping. a new start.......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sparkler looks worth the extra trouble...lots of movement in that block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute sparkler block--tough when you get off on the wrong foot sometimes--I have some "Pearl Bracelets" fabric that I want to use--
    need something to spark my juices....just don't feel like doing UFO's...;--000
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sparkler block turned out so nice - even cutting wrong and having to do it again. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever seen the sparkler block before - what a great block! Your redoing efforts definitely paid off - really like your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was a successful time in all. I love your block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.