Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Yay October is Finished!

October was a tough month.  Nuff said.

I have been trying to fill my days and keep busy.  It doesn't necessary mean I am sewing though.

I have a new roof on my garage, and new fascia.  The roof pretty much blew off the day Jeff died, this roof is guaranteed for life, it is a rubber shingle. Yes I actually hired someone to reroof the garage.  The facsia needs to be painted, but there were not enough days strung together that were dry that I could paint it.  I am also going to need to put new trim around the garage doors too.  Then next spring/summer the fascia and trim will get a nice coat of green paint.   I keep wondering if I just put lipstick on a pig.

In my last "I Like" post I mentioned that I signed up for Pineapple day at the quilt shop where I am taking the Vintage Rose Quiltworx class.  I read the directions, watched the video, cut my strips.....only to find out I needed some 2 1/2 x 4 strips of each as well.  SERIOUSLY?!?!  Maybe that is something that should have been stated up front, not at the last step?  I had a good time at Pineapple day and I made a couple of fun recipes.  I made Aloha Chicken, and my old go to which is Dump Cake.  I managed to get 3 blocks done though from the kit. 

Just 22 more to go! 

I finally got the guild friendship block done today.

Yep I am getting a lot of help around here with Bobbin. 

Distract her and snap a pic.  The guild fabric was the cute rake fabric.

When I try to sew I set up an area for Bobbin so that she can be by me.

In Bobbin's world I should be sitting so she can sleep on my lap--whenever she wants.  Cutting is a challenge, most of the time Bobbin is either chewing on my socks, or laying on my feet. 

Nancy from Pug Mom Quilts sent me some really cool chicken fabric.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Your squishy package made me smile. 

Soon when life settles I am making a chicken quilt!

I signed up to take a class in January at guild.  Yep another Quiltworx pattern.  This is Desert Sky.

While I was at the Vintage Rose class, I went shopping and I chose my fabrics for Desert Sky.  I needed 24 fat quarters. 

12 light to medium, and 12 medium to dark bright fabrics.  I hope it works out.

Speaking of Quiltworx patterns there was a sale celebrating Judy's birthday in October and I picked this pattern up at quite a discount.


I also saw this super cute Patchabilities pattern.  It was on sale, so of course I had to buy the kit.


I have also been keeping on eye out for gray fabrics for my Ocean Waves quilt.  Kona recently came out with some new colors and they looked pretty close.  So I ordered some. 

When I set my blocks on top you could see that they were much closer in tone, even though maybe not the exact color, at least close to the shade.  Better than the ones I had purchase earlier which you can see in my 50 Shades of Gray post.

I think this will work pretty well.  So I can add some gray to my quilt now. 

I saw a pattern for a SAL called Geode.  I loved the pattern and thought that it would be great to use a fat quarter stack that I have that is gathering dust.  But I wanted to add a bright and some darks too.  I have a bundle of Comma by Zen Chic that will be made into the quilt, these fabrics are from Zen Chic too Flow in Apple green and some Fragile.  

I am also still amassing fabric for the Sawtooth Square.

I think I may actually have enough fabric to finish the quilt.  What was super cute, though is when I got the package this was in it too.


I think we all need a Quilter's Emergency Kit---lately I probably need a much larger  emergency kit than this. 


Finally I decided that feeding Bobbin those little tiny containers of food would get mighty expensive.  While those containers will last Bobbin at least 2 1/2 days if not a little longer I figured it would cost about $24 a month not including dry food.  I found all sorts of dog food recipes on the internet.  I made one with chicken, brown rice, sweet potato, carrots, peas, and chicken broth.  I will say that it smelled mighty good.  I ended up with 33 half cup containers of dog food, which I can freeze. 

Bobbin loves it.  I have also read if I want I can scramble some eggs and throw it in them too. 

Since it is soon to be November have you seen the color selections for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery this year?  Aqua/turquoise, chocolate brown, apricot/melon and neutral.....I am looking forward to the 1st clue. 
















9 comments:

  1. It's good to see what you are up to... good on you with fixing up the shed. Pineapple day sounds like a lot of fun and your block looks great - very striking in those fabrics!! Bobbin is such a cutie... both our daughters have got new puppies and they are such characters - and yes, they do bring smiles to everyone's faces too! YOu've got some really neat projects on the go - or about to be on the go! I really liked the Geode pattern too..very tempting. Hehe love your new chicken fabric and the Emergency kit is such a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been a busy gal getting things done. roof looks good. Bobbin will be eating pretty well too by the looks of it. she is such a cutie pie. nice projects lined up. pineapple day sounds fum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbin is one lucky little puppy and a cute little thing to boot ! It's nice you have a sewing buddy ! Glad it's not a cat....I like cats very much but they are always on peoples quilts.....the reason that grosses me out a little is because I used to take my quilts to a lady that had a cat in her shop and I had to clean and wash my quilt when I got it home because of all the cat hair......EWWWW! You have lots of things to keep you busy.....I'll be thinking of you and praying for you this holiday season sweet friend .

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dogs love scrambled eggs. They don't usually get them unless they aren't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the block is bigger than Bobbin!! I have a Judy N Desert Sky pattern, looks very similar...hmmm...should get it out and work on it but I am still making fishies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie's colors are great. Great block and fabric for making

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pin block. Bobbin is a sweetie. They are great company. You have lots to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely have boundless energy. With your "can do" attitude, I'm surprised you weren't on the roof yourself. 😁😁 Your baby is going to be eating good. Great pineapple block and great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are always so busy with so many different projects. That pineapple is going to be gorgeous. They are a lot of work, but so striking when finished.

    It looks like Bobbin is keeping you even busier, but what a sweet companion for sewing he makes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.