Wednesday, September 9, 2020

I Like Thursday #125

 I made it to my 125th post for I Like/Thankful Thursday, and I remembered that it is Wednesday so I can write a post.    Thanks to LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for encouraging us to share things we have found during the week that we like/love.  

During the long quarantine Finn has decided that clothes were no longer necessary.  I think in the past several months I have seen Finn actually wear actual clothes maybe a handful of times.  Most of the time he just sports underwear. Lucky for us we live in the country on a farm.   In fact he refuses to go anywhere because it would mean he has to get dressed.  🙄sigh!  School started Tuesday, but with the COVID numbers still climbing my daughter has opted for online learning for the kids.  This means Zoom learning for all 4 kids.  I joke that this will now be Finn.

I bought a cake for the kids to celebrate the fact that Finn must now wear clothes.  

At home learning looks like this for them.  Depending on what class, the kids flow from room to room, or to the garage, the porch, the Girl's she shed which was her birthday gift request, probably eventually my house too. 

School starts at about 7:30 and goes until about 3:00.  They are expected to interact, answer questions, Xander was pointedly told by a couple teachers no doodling.  LOL  

About 10 am their first day I received a text at work.  "We are experiencing 1st day of school pain, please bring home something yummy!" I obliged by bringing them home a package of Oreo's, the Halloween type.  

What is to like you wonder?  I like the options for the kids for remote learning.  I like how resilient they are and how they just learn to adapt to the changes yet still thrive!

I saw these at the store and they made me laugh.  Of course the most disgusting kid needed a box!

I never did ask Finn what they tasted like. 

I love wandering down the pet aisle at work.  Look a new costume.  I wonder what Bobbin would like like as a triceratops?

We joked that we could have Jurassic Park.  The kittens would be Compys, the chickens raptors, and the bigger cats would be T-Rex....sure to terrorize the mousie and other rodent populations.   

I made a purchase from Patchwork Plus and received this cute little charm along with my purchase. 

Looking at the tag if you buy at least $50 worth product from them each month you would receive a new charm.  

I liked this card I saw recently.

I thought it was so very appropriate for our current time.  Find things to be thankful every day.

A friend recently shared this quilt from Reddit.  Go check it out!  It is gorgeous.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/sewing/comments/inge9j/i_make_seaglass_art_quilts_using_leftover_fabric/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I had a great week of books.  


Death in the English Countryside by Sara Rosett.  

Kate Sharp is sent to Woodsmoor to search for her boss who has disappeared scouting locations for a new Pride and Prejudice movie.  Kate meets Alex, the local location scout and they stumble upon her bosses rental car in a nearby river.  Who would have thought all the locals vying for their home/land to be used as the location could be murder?  

Dog Catcher in the Rye by Ellen Riggs.  

Ivy Galloway has returned to her hometown and acquired an animal sanctuary farm. With a handful of interesting animals and her rescue Border Collie Keats, Ivy is preparing to open an Inn until the local dogcatcher, who has recently been harassing Ivy about Keats, and her miscreant animals is found dead in Ivy's Rye field.  Jilly Ivy's best friend joins her, and who should the local sheriff be but Ivy's old flame from high school.  Ivy has  great set of supporting characters in friends, family and locals.

Dark Side of the Moo the 2nd book in the Bought The Farm Series by Ellen Riggs.  

Ivy has opened her farm and Inn to a group of her former colleagues from Flordale Corporation, they have arrived for a team building retreat.  When Ivy's former boss is found dead in her cow paddock, the boss that so unceremoniously fired her with a less than stellar buyout after 10 years of her building up the company, guess who is the number one suspect other than the heifers?  

On the downside keep Oregon, Washington, California and the west in our prayers with the terrible fires raging.  My brother had to evacuate his house outside of Portland this evening. My oldest daughter is at a level 2 and sitting ready with their Go Bags.  Her husband has been stuck at work keeping the water treatment plants running for the past 72 hours.  My extended family have lost homes in Northern California, two of the reservations have been evacuated and I am waiting to hear from someone about the state of my family cemetery where Jeff is buried.  

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color  and check out the other I like Thursday posts. 








17 comments:

  1. wonderful likes... lucky kids to have such fun treats!! Makes life more special. I think tv talk show hosts are doing their zoom shows in their underwear. after all pants are SO confining!Great book reviews, I wrote them down. Bobbin as a dino... yep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those fires have hit your family hard! I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colette! How old is Finn? Just wondering when the no clothes started? When Dominic was a baby he hated wearing pants - didn't like anything around his waist, his mom told us. How did she know?!! I think sweet Bobbin would r.o.c.k. that costume, no doubt. Take care and stay safe. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Finn - the more comfortable the clothing, the better! Glad your grands are doing well with online school - it helps to have supportive parents and grandparents. Love that you brought them a first day of school treat! These fires are so terrible. I'll keep your family in my thoughts, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled through most of your post! BOO Oreos! Fun! Good for the kiddos! Making it work!
    I’m so sorry about your family in Northern California! Hope there is relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that seaglass quilt is gorgeous esp. in those blues. How creative people are! Thanks for the link. I've never seen these treats -Boo Oreos or the other ones, LOL. Beautiful looking cake too. How wonderful that the online learning is going so well. I keep hearing mixed reviews here. Meanwhile, that is awful news about the fires and how it has impacted your family. I hope to hear they are all ok and no more devastation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A box of boogers?!?! LOL The Boo Oreos look great, though. I love a cake to celebrate clothing. Ah! your likes made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers for your family with these fires. They are really horrible. The goodies are perfect for a stressful school day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the Seaglass quilt too. Would it be fun as a series of quilts in different colors?

      Delete
  9. I put one of your books into my goodreads account. They look fun and interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    OH Finn...put some pants on. That is funny but so so true!

    I gotta love the Halloween treats. I think I won't be trying the Boogers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute little charm! I can't believe all the Halloween stuff is already out. I'm so sorry to hear about the fires and their devastation to your family. Thanks for the cozy mysteries recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry that your extended family has been affected by the fires out west. The amount of destruction is almost incomprehensible. Seeing the eerie pictures of the red skies is scary. Glad that the grands seem to be adapting to remote learning, and supervising 4 would be more than a full time job. You really get a lot of reading done in a week considering how busy you are with work and the animals and kids. I'm lucky if I get one book read in two weeks.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that the kids are adapting to the new school way of learning. It helps with fun snacks too. Love the clothing cake. Lol hope your family is all ok. Will keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope the kids do well and are successful in their studies. I home schooled....many years ago and know the challenges of keeping them engaged. Treats are nice! I'll look for those books. I love to read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGI am so sorry to hear of all that is going on with your family and of course Jeff’s place. This is all so surreal with the fires. I pray for everyone’s safety. The kids seem to be adapting well but I imagine it’s quite a change in everyone’s life. You are kind to bring them cool sustenances .

    ReplyDelete
  15. The fires are terrible. Praying for everyone in their paths.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.