Wednesday, September 2, 2020

I Like Thursday #124

 I was prepared for today, honest.  I had even had photos.  My troubles started with doing a factory reset on a tablet.  I then downloaded my e-mail, and sent myself a file I wanted on the tablet.  Lets just say that it took me 5 hours to figure it all out.  

Anyway welcome to my 124th I like Thursday post.  Come and enjoy some positive things that a group of awesome bloggers share weekly, thanks to LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for encouraging us to find things to like and love during the week and share to throw some positive out into the universe.

I like the new heat grate I bought for the kitchen.  The old one with the adjustable louvers was just plain ugly.  I don't shut the heat off or the air off in the kitchen ever, so that function was pretty much useless.

I had accidentally dropped something on the heat register and so pulled it up to clean it.  I decided it was too far gone.  

I ordered this one and it arrived in just a couple of days.  I love it!  I think the bathroom may be my next replacement.  

I struggle to keep my storm door on the back porch closed.  It doesn't seem to want to stay latched.  The bad thing is Bobbin escapes sometimes and it is not safe for her.  I replaced he strike plate.  

The only difference between the old strike plate and the new strike plate is that it is about a 1/4 inch bigger.  But it helps a bit.  Bobbin cannot escape as easily at least.  

Fall is bearing down on us.  Lots of fun fall stuff at the store.  

Pumpkins.




Aren't these fun?  I can't choose a favorite.  

How about this cute little coin purse which is a chihuahua?  

Such a cute little face.  

Or how about some fun or inspirational signs?

I love that one.  The power of positive thinking.
For those of us that are hard core coffee drinkers. 

Being strong.  There are days lately,  I know I am strong, but I know I am tired too.  

I had a good week of reads.  

My first pick is Survival of the Fritters by Ginger Bolton.

Perhaps it is because I can relate to Emily.  Being a widow, the donuts.  It was a great read, and the culprit that killed one of the Knit Pickers a regular at Deputy Donuts was a real surprise.  Did you know that there is a genre of literature for widows?  

The 2nd pick of the week is The Boy from the Woods by Harlan Coben. 

There is so much going on with this book I can't even begin to describe it.  I will say I couldn't put it down.  Well worth the read. 

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color to check out the other I Like Thursday posts. 







12 comments:

  1. Those pumpkins and signs are pretty cool. That Bobbin should have been named Houdini??? Glad Dunks is a scaredy cat. He doesnt even like it if I hold him and go out on my steps.good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new vent covers. We have a couple that need replacing! You have been a busy “fixer”! The joys of home ownership, I like Harlan Coben...I’ll note this title on my list,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for doing some fix it things. Feels good to get these things done yourself.
    I enjoy Harlan Coben too! Several of his books have made it into tv series and I've enjoyed them also.
    Yes, it can get tiring trying to always be the strong one. I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colette! Oh, I love Harlan Coben books. Have you read the Myron Bolitor series by him? Very good - all of his. I'll have to check on Ginger's book - see if my library has it. You've been in a fix-it mode. Love the new register and the latch. It's good to keep that escape artist at bay. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks as usual for the good books. Oh my- glad to see the pumpkins. That is such a pretty register you bought! Enjoy the start of fall you lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read a few H. Coben books and I always get SO scared! heehee! But I mix in a thriller from time to time. I love the improvements you've made. We are trying our best to do a few things around the house while we are home so much. The spilling coffee is pretty cute! And I've made a few raggedy dolls and animals but not the others. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both books look real good! I've never read Harlan Coben but have always wanted to try one of his books. I love your new heat grate. We've replaced a few too. They look awful after a while. So much nice Fall decor! I have to look an see what I have before I start buying new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your new floor grate - it blends so nicely with the floor! Those pumpkins are cute! I like Harlan Coben - his books are page turners for me, too. I don't think I've read that one yet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you were able to find things you like despite the computer woes. That donut book does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband is totally not handy (and doesn't see anything that needs to be fixed). I should follow your lead and just learn to fix and replace things myself or hire someone to do it (although I hate spending the money and finding someone is also tough). Good thing to fix that latch to keep Bobbin safe. I haven't read any Coben. I should give him a try.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh - the dreaded factory reset. There's always things you can't find or take forever to set back up. You've been busy around the house, too! I like the new register cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great likes! Love the signs you posted! I'm admiring your pretty grate, it looks great :D
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.