Wednesday, September 23, 2020

I Like Thursday #127

 Welcome to my 127th installment of I Like Thursday.  A group of bloggers, hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color challenge each other to come up with a group of things we like each week and share.  

I took a few moments to snap some pictures of the hand towels at work.  I love hand towels, you can change them out quickly as per your mood, the closest holiday, or just because, they are relatively inexpensive and in reality you should be changing out your hand towel in the kitchen daily.  I usually have 3-4 hanging around, not including those old fashioned flour sack type dishtowels.  So if you look it at that way I should have approximately 35 towels per week.  

We all know I love chickens.  Lately we have been having conversations about Roosters, my kids call then Roos....

Aqua with big sunflowers while this gorgeous guy struts the fence top. 

Or perhaps you prefer this gentleman with the floral arrangement with sunflowers, mums and something white.  Love the dark teal background.  

If chickens aren't to your liking how about some skulls?

Las Calaveras de az'ucar (sugar skulls) to celebrate Los Dios Muertos (The Day of the Dead).  

Or we could go more traditional with some skeletons.

Then for those faint of hear there is a sweet kitty in the pumpkin patch and a friendly owl. 


Nearby was a baking display with the prettiest pie carriers.

I don't go out often, mainly work, and home, but I had to run to the feed store and they had this awesome squirrel feeder.


You stick dried corn on the cob onto the screws for the squirrels to feed on.  

Girl cat meets me at the door, and if I am working on the pool, she is right there helping.  Right?  That is helping?  

I had a pot of Zinnias and they kind of died because of lack of a good watering one day when it was hot.  But look what is coming back.  Maybe in their more natural form.  

I have these tiny white flowers on bushes all over my yard, and field.  

I thought they kind of looked like Chamomile, but upon further research they are called Frost Asters.  They are tiny but there are so many, they do make you smile, even though they are a weed. 

I saw this selvage and thought it was pretty and a great saying. Where you tend a Rose, a Thistle cannot grow.  The fabric is from Harper's Garden by Moda. 

My books for the week were a little meh.

 
Strawberries and Creme' Murder by Susan Gillard.  Heather's former employee, who has stolen her recipes and opened a new gourmet donut shop across town has been murdered, and Heather is the number one suspect.  Being that I make donuts at work, I thought it would be a fun read.  It was an ok book, but I will say that it was a very quick read.  Would I read the next in the series?  Perhaps if I can get it from the library, but I probably wouldn't buy it.
 

Arsenic in the Azaleas by Dale Mayer was the 2nd book I read this past week.  Doreen Montgomery former socialite moves to live in her Nan's house.  She has been given everything, lock, stock and barrel including a huge cat, and an African' Gray Parrot named Thaddeus, and a body in the back garden. While Nan has moved into the nearby retirement home.  I tried to like this book, but there were some parts which felt like they were stating them way to many times, and I just couldn't conjure up much sympathy for Doreen, whose Barbie Doll life has ended because her husband has found a new younger model.  To add insult to injury the new younger model is Doreen's divorce attorney who has actually misrepresented her.  

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color to check out the other I Like Thursday posts. 











17 comments:

  1. Great likes! That photo of your cat made me laugh! Love the dishtowels and love the photos of your garden! Have a wonderful and safe week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to see all the seasonal kitchen towels! I haven’t been into a store like that, Walmart or Hobby Lobby in my town, since March, I miss the browsing. Like that fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those seasonal towels are great. I love kitchen towels and also go through them by the billion- I'm pretty much a no paper towel person. I don't have any fall ones though, lots of Christmas and valentines day, but I should pick up some fall ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colette! Lots of cute hand towels. That is something I always forget to switch out. When and if I remember - like flags towels are out now - they remain out forever. Otherwise, my usual everyday hand towels have to suffice. Sorry the books this week were a bit disappointing. Kudos for sticking with them. Girl kitty looks so comfy while she's 'helping' you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. chickens and skulls... I like both of them... and girl cat. I like girl cat, she is very loving to bobbin and you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many cute towels! I would like the owl one! You're right, I should probably change my kitchen towel out way more often than I do. It's so nice to still be getting flowers in late September, and I love your flower fabric, too. Selvages can be really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the Halloween stuff. What a helpful kitty (at least it looks comfy). What a fun selvedge. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl cat. Call me. I have some modeling jobs for you...you beautiful girl. Meowwwww

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your likes. Had me smiling here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For some reason, after reading LeeAnna's post last week, I never got back to checking the others. I've caught up with yours now. I've never seen a hummingbird perched before. I had the Book Woman title checked out from the library, but had to return it before I read it, because someone had a hold on it. It sure seems to be popular. I don't have any seasonal hand towels except for Christmas ones. I should get some because you're right, I should be changing them out more often. This weekend I have to prep the houseplants that are outside for their return indoors as we are due for a big cool down with frost likely. I plan to enjoy the next few days of warmth before that happens.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never thougt of being a hand towel lover. It is a cute thing to lov. We all have those little loves.
    The cute pie carrier was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They have so many cute hand towels. I love the squirrel feeder. That’s a great selvage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much neat stuff around your store there. I esp. liked the pie carrier; I'm thinkig my daughter needs one of those. We have pool skimmers just like the one your kitty is on. I don't think I've ever seen a squirrel feeder and esp. one so elaborate. Mine do well with the sunflower seeds that are for the birds. Though they'd probably be over the moon with something just for them. Thanks for another great Likes post, Collette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You find the cutest kitchen towels! Your plants seem to be coming back to life! That could happen around here since the temps have started to go back up! I like the mysteries you post. They always look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I did prefer the rooster carrying his flowers to his hen! Of course your kitty is helping - her mere presence is a help. :) Love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tea towels! My daughter would love the calaveras. I thought those were chamomile too! Love the fabric, and your kitty helper, so typical! We were in our pool most of last week, ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all those tea towels, especially the spooky ones. Such a sweet kitty to great you! It has been soooo hot here...wish I had a pool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.