Wednesday, September 16, 2020

I Like Thursday #126

 Welcome to my 126th I Like Thursday post.  Thank you LeeAnna  of Not Afraid of Color, for encouraging us to find things that we like/love for the week and to share to help bring a little joy.  

I had 2 days off in a row and it was wonderful.  I enjoyed the time cleaning, sewing, and a little outside work.  It is hard to do outside work, the cooler temperatures make the bees crazy and they torment me almost constantly. 

I dug through my scraps of Bonnie and Camille and made this cute pillow top.

I am going to have to find a mono poly clear thread so that I can sew it down.  

I finally manage to get all the blocks made for the Flower Delivery quilt, some log cabin blocks, and the truck made.  Next is the applique'.  

I have several projects that need the applique' stitched down.  Guess it is time I buckle down.  

I bought a quilt kit from Intrepid Thread of Tilda's Tiny Farm Tractor Quilt.  The selvedge has chickens!  Isn't that too cute?

I saw these kisses called Monster Kisses.  They made me smile. 

I don't know if  you can see it, but my little hummingbird will actually slow down, and sit on the shepherd's hook where the hummingbird feeder sits near where I sit.  

I saw this pattern and had to have it.  Who can resist squirrels, pumpkins and acorns?  

My book selections this week had a theme.  

Summer Hours at the Robbers Library by Sue Halpern.  

This is one of those books with many different stories which come together.  

The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick.  Martha Storm works at the local library, and imagine her surprise when she discovers a book left on the library stoop which has a hand written dedication to her, signed by her grandmother, 3 years after her death.  


The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson.  Many other I Like Thursday bloggers have read this book, so I decided it was time for me to read it. 

I read this book also which I found very interesting.  The Murmur of Bees by Sofia Segovia.

I will say that it is a long read, but I felt well worth it.  

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color to check out the other I Like Thursday posts. 








15 comments:

  1. Those chickens are too darned cute. And the squirrels too. Lots of fun likes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks! That truck one made me smile with the sign on it! You're right, that selvage is awesome! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m anxious to see your projects! And thanks for the book recommendations. Monster Kisses, what’s not to like! I need to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colette! It sounds like I need to read The Book Woman. I went and put it on my list at the library. That new pattern with the pumpkins, squirrels, and acorns is sure cute. How nice is that with two days off in a ROW?! Good for you. Happy Thursday to you, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. So many fun ideas. Monster kisses? How cool. I love your pillow cover. I too just finished The Book Woman and was very pleased with it. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillow cover with hen and chicks is adorable! I'm going to miss Fall festivals this Fall and finding handmade things that I can't make! And I loved the Book Woman...very good read! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sewing projects are all so fun! Love the pick-up truck block - did you fussy cut the text fabric for it? It's fun to catch the hummingbirds when they pause and sit for a moment! I just went and put The Library of Lost and Found on my list at the library. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most mornings after walking the dog, I enjoy a cup of coffee on the front porch. I also have a hummingbird visitor that sits on a shepherd's hook holding a feeder. They're so sweet but so greedy. They'll guard that feeder so no one else gets any sweet nectar. Silly birds. I'll miss them when they leave for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the chicken and the chicks! Our humming bird likes the shepherd's hook, too. The Library of Lost and Found sounds really interesting! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice to have two days in a row off! It looks like you made the most of it too. Thanks for the book reviews. I always enjoy those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THe hen with her babies is so so cute! I love the fabrics you used as well!. Loving the truck too!

    I think the story about the book left outside with the handwritten message from a deceased grandmother sounds very interesting! I may have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another array of lovely likes. How adorable is that hen block!And the truck too. Looks like some fussy cutting went on. You were certainly productive in your time off. Took me ages outside to get hummingbird photos as they rarely sit for long. That's a good one you got. Always interesting to see what you are reading, Colette.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pillow top! Love the chicken fabric. Too cute! I have read the Phaedra Patrick book. I enjoyed it. The other books look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your chicken pillow and your truck. Lots of fun things happening over there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.