Friday, September 4, 2015

Scrap Patrol Control

I told you about my search and destroy mission looking for my block.  Which was right where it was supposed to be.

I created this huge mess digging through my scrap box.
I have been doing a lot of reading and game playing, and not much else at the daughter's house.  I just haven't had time to prep to get ready to sew.  I decided maybe I would remedy that.  I grabbed a gallon baggie and stuffed a handful of scraps into the bag to take with me, as well as a ruler, cutter, and medium cutting mat.

I set up an ironing station on my featherweight card table that I keep at the daughter's and right behind it a cutting station on the daughters dining room table.  I ironed all of the scraps and started cutting.  I only got through about 1/2 the bag, but I did get a lot accomplished.

A bunch of squares for my yoyo quilt I am working on.

About 40 of these 2 1/2 inch tumbler blocks.
A bunch of 1/2 inch hexies.
Some 5 inch squares, 2 1/2 inch squares, 2 inch squares, and 1 1/2 inch squares and 1 inch strips and squares.

A bag full of 2 1/2 inch strips, 2 inch strips, and 1 1/2 inch strips.
Some small scraps for a new fun project that I saw on Facebook.
Some Dresden wedges.
Diamond sections for a DIT.....I just had to have after seeing Kris's at Kris Loves Fabric.

I also discovered that I had some large pieces that I could makes some Kite table toppers.  Um yeah another search and destroy mission in the sewing room to find the ruler today.
I also had some cool pieces that would look nice in the Country Charmer quilt that I started forever years ago.
I also have some more pieces pressed and ready to be trimmed down.
Oh and that center block which I was looking for?  I got that section done.  Wow I can see that my sewing skills were not too great when I started this a few years ago.  We are a wee bit stretchy, but my points match.  LOL 
It is so nice having some stuff prepped and feel like somethings are getting accomplished.











9 comments:

  1. I have never organized my scraps, I should make that a project this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put my projects in extra large baggies when I'm heading to visit the boys. It helps keep all the pieces together and makes it easy for me to take them back home when the visit is over. Looks like you have way more baggies than I usually have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to get all that cutting done! Now the next time you visit, you'll be able to sew, sew, sew! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you sure did get a lot of cutting done. Hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend and can fit in some sewing, too...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job. dont you feel better? you go girl. you got this.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ready for next week! Do you have to keep them all Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like great progress here! Can't wait to see your DIT stars :) I am relieved to see I am not the only one with all those half-done projects lying about - what was I thinking?? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to make yo yos for a quilt one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.