Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August Recap

Here is my August recap or better yet my story of how I went from shiftless to actually having a couple of finishes.

It has been a very busy month.  Lots of craziness happening!  That meant that the quilter did not make it back into the house.  So I still have a bunch of quilts waiting to be quilted.



 I am afraid to count how many quilts I have sitting to be quilted. 

I did grab a couple of UFOs and work on them a bit.

This----
Went to this----
And I even used up the teeny tiny scraps to make a backing.
Yep another thing to quilt, but it is going to be done on one of the old girls.

I made a block and started working on the next one for the BOM which I participated with a group on online friends.

 I will admit that this next block has me flummoxed.  It is cut using an accuquilt die.  I am trying to figure out how to cut it with enough extra for the 1/4 inch seam using a template I had purchased many years ago. 
I cut out more parts for my drunkard's path quilt but haven't taken out the machine to sew lately. 
I also pulled out this UFO and cut out the next month and got the parts sewn together.
I did have some finishes for the month

I finished the binding for this quilt and it even created a snazzy label.
I finished my guild challenge quilt.  Quilted, bound, and a nifty  label on it too.


I didn't touch my cross stitch this month.  I need to get back to work on it.
I did work on my embroidery a wee bit.
And I have a wee bit of handwork that I have been doing.  I have been making some yoyos which I have cut from scraps. 
I also somehow managed to read 10 books this month. 

Update regarding my diabetes.  I have my blood sugar down so it averages around 90.  I have also lost about 25 lbs so far.  I am not fanatically stringent about my diet, but I do find that I stick to it pretty closely.  While I didn't do some of the things that I have had on my goal list for a few months, I thought it was pretty successful that I finished up and worked on a couple of UFOs. 







7 comments:

  1. I think you accomplished a whole lot! I like that embroidery piece you are working on--did you draw it yourself? Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. you accomplished a ton. loving your table runner. so fun.
    congrats on controlling the diabetes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good month I would say. If this is you not doing much cos you're busy, I hardly dare think what you'd achieve if you had all the time in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It still looks like you got a nice amount done, even if the quilt machine didn't come back inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. August was a great month for you. And fantastic on your weight loss. Sure the doctor is very happy with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a lot done, yah for pounds gone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on sticking close to your diet and losing weight...awesome! Looks like you're keeping busy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.