Friday, February 20, 2015

Too Cool for School Part Two

All I am going to say is that it is not fit for man nor beast outside.  It is just too cold, the girls have been locked in the coop for almost 2 weeks straight and you can tell they are getting a bit peckish.  They snuck out this afternoon while DH was filling their food cans. 

School was cancelled Thursday night, so I knew that Friday morning I could sleep in, which was very nice.  When it is cold the heat does not work very well on my bus so it is a very cold ride for me. 

I finally finished all of the units for step 2 of the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt.

Obviously I cannot count because I ended up with 102 when it was all said and done. 

I began step 3 which is 120 of these units. 

I managed to get 4 done before I decided my machine needed a spa treatment.  DH oiled and greased her up, I cleaned out her feed dogs, and bobbin area.  She will be able to run like a dream for a few weeks without sounding all rattley.  Hopefully it doesn't take me as long to make these units as it did to make step 2! 

While working on my BOM after deciding I needed 24 blocks to go with my 25 connector blocks I knew I was going to need some more fabrics which fit within the color scheme to get the last 8-10 blocks finished.

Hopefully these will help me. 
Finally I wanted to show off this little wall hanging I made for a gift.  I used some of my favorite fabrics to make this sweet little piece for my friend Dawn over at Sew You Quilt 2.  The piece is 7 X 19 inches. 

Keep warm everyone, they are saying we may hit the 20's tomorrow!  

12 comments:

  1. Your Grand Illusion is coming along so beautifully. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grand illusion is an illusion of finishing. I am trying to figure out why I am so dang slow. But the blocks came together well, and were not too far off.

      Delete
  2. You are getting lots done. I like the fabrics you chose. Hey, are the girls too cold to lay eggs? Omelets sound like a good way to stay warm, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our ladies are ready for spring too...'course we all are! Pretty hearts and lots of sewing getting done, good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ended up having the whole week off from school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about you but I'm ready for spring! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poor little ladies all cooped up. Do they stop laying eggs when it is so cold? I love seeing all your projects...I'm so behind on things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new fabric, hope you weather improves

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are about to get a cold blast down here too, well cold for us with sleet. That kind of weather shuts the central part of Texas down, we don't have road equipment. Love what you've got going on with the GIM, wonderful colors !.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your Grand Illusion colors. it is so pretty. and the wallhanging is so gorgeous. I cant stop looking at it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. thanks again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am having fun with it, but I have been getting distracted trying to clean off my cutting table so I have been doing all sorts of crazy stuff. You are most welcome. I am so happy you love it.

      Delete
  10. I am sure your chickens have cabin fever big time!
    Can't wait to see the green quilt done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.