Wednesday, February 5, 2020

I Like Thursday #95

Welcome to my 95th installment of I Like Thursday.  Every week LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color encourage us to blog about things we have found we like. 

I like ombre fabrics.   I wanted to make some throw pillows and found this fabric.  I think it will be fun to use. 

The embroidery pieces are silhouettes of animals in what looks like trees.

Sometimes I like buying kits.  Whether I like the pattern, or just the fabric, especially when it was on sale.  I like how Bluprint packages their kits in these drawstring plastic bags. 

I got this kit from Bluprint on sale for almost half off.  The pattern is called Summer on the Porch Garden Party. 

The fabric reminds me a bit of Bonnie and Camille, I loved the colors. 

What was really neat is that the kit has 13 yards of fabric. 

I like Blog hops for inspiration but it is fun when you win something too.  I won the give away at Selina quilts.  I was asked what colors I would like.  I said red or aqua.

I received  cute red zip pouch with a matching key fob, and a red fat quarter.

And an aqua pouch, key fob, and fat quarter. 

I saw this article about a Native American Fashion Designer, her models are also Native.

Native America Fashion

 Currently I am reading Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. 

This book has been on my wait list at the library for months.  I can understand why everyone seems to love this book.

The other book I am reading is Meet Me in Scotland.  The book is part of the kits and quilts series. 
There are time it is a wee bit racy, but I am sucked into the story. 

We have a snow storm and I have a day off so I like days that I don't have to go anywhere if I don't want to go.

Now head over to LeeAnna's and check out the other I Like Thursday posts.






14 comments:

  1. Like your ombre fabric and your win was fun too. You have a snowstorm and we are getting rain. Weird weather this year.not complaining but here it feels like the south and not like New England at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colette! Congrats on winning - such cute pouches, key fobs and fat quarters. I love ombre fabrics as well! I've picked up a few . . . and then haven't used them. I seem to be saving them for something special. Beautiful Bonnie and Camille fabrics, too - that looks like a fun kit to put together. Thanks as always for the book suggestions. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW 13 yds is a lot!! nice buy hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also bought kits, but not made the intended pattern! It's really nice when the kit is on sale for a good price. Congratulations on your fun win! I loved Where the Crawdads Sing - glad you are liking it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that color, it will make great pillows

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sometimes buy a quilt kit when on sale just to get the fabrics; that one you got is a great deal for such pretty ones, remind me of spring. Neat winnings too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the ombre. Cool kit - that's a lot of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was very tempted by that same kit! It’s so pretty! Congratulations on your blog hop win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely ombre fabric and love the kit==13 yards==WOW! Hope you and Bobbin had a fun snow day! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I used a similar ombré fabric for a backing one time. Very pretty. Those winning prizes are so nice. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So that's what ombre is. I like your fabric. By happenchance I painted a few of our light switchplates that now have that ombre look.
    I like the red fat quarter. So much pop going on. Have fun with your new toys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love ombre fabrics too! They're so pretty! 13 yards is a lot for a kit! Great deal! I love Where the Crawdads Sing. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you find so many good books... I then want to read them and can't read or focus fast enough ! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.