Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Still Waiting

Day 2 waiting for the Middle daughter to deliver the baby, which meant that I did not sleep well. I finally just gave up and got out of bed at 4:00AM, made coffee, did dishes, and curled up on the couch.  Went back to sleep for a wee bit, and got a text from the daughter, that they were going to make a decision to break her water or not in a few hours.  Within half an hour she sent me another text that they decided to up her dosage of Petocin and had broke her water.  Oh my!  That was hours ago, and still not much going on, but still can't really rest.  I hate the wait from so far away!

While waiting I worked on the Farmer's Wife Blocks.

Attic window, I didn't like the blue I had in it so I changed it and like this one much better.

Weather Vane, I used Lori Holt's tutorial from Bee In My Bonnet to make it so much easier!
Corn and Beans, not totally thrilled with it but pretty happy with the way it turned out.
W.C.T.U.  I was pleased with this one.  I actually figured out a way to make it slightly easier instead of trying to cut the weird angles for the center.  Oh WCTU it is for the Women's Christian Temperance Union.

Contrary Wife, this one went together so easy, and I just grabbed the scraps off my table to make it.  That thrilled me.
Flower Basket, it went together alright, but even after cutting the handle on the bias I just could not get it to work.  But I can live with it. 


And I had a helper for a short while today again.  How can we go from army crawl overnight to the actually crawling on hands and knees!?!

Oh and with those 5 blocks completed I have reached my monthly goal of 8 per month! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to visit.