Thursday, August 15, 2013

Welcome to the World!

He finally made an appearance!

Cayden Stuart
11 lbs 10 oz
22 inches tall
His poor mama was in labor for over 60 hours before they finally decided to do a c-section.  Look at all that hair!  Mamma and Cayden are doing great. 

What did I do while I was waiting?

1.  Cleaned up my scraps a wee bit.

Before


After


Yes I still have a few scraps to cut up but at least it isn't the pile o' stuff like above.  While doing this I finished listening to the book The American Patriot's Almanac by William Bennett, and John T.E. Cribb.  I learned a ton of new things about the US, the presidents, explorers, wars, cities, states, battles, geography just the tip of the iceberg. 

2.  Went exploring to find a quilt shop which was advertising at a recent quilt show.  I was looking for something to make a quilt for a boy for a donation quilt.  I was looking for perhaps a charm pack or something for inspiration.  Quilt Heaven is in Temperance, Michigan almost to the Ohio State line. 

I found these fabrics, and the panel.  Love, love, love the Noah's Ark, and the colors, and the animals, and I found these fun fat 1/8ths that I think will help make a really super fun, cute, and colorful quilt.

3. I did some grocery shopping, at a new place which is similar to the grocery store I had in Oregon!  They had an absolutely fabulous produce section.

4.  Babysat The Finn while the big brothers went to get a haircut. Umm yeah he is now working on pulling himself up, and I made him laugh for the first time today, I even got it on video!

5.  Then DH and I helped the youngest daughter move the boy's bunk bed set up to her house. **Sniff, sniff** they are officially gone.  

6.  Processed another 2 gallons of tomatoes and I still have a bunch more to pick.

Not bad for killing time while waiting for what seemed like an eternity for the little guy to arrive. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Grandma ! What a very long labor !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. He is adorable! What seemed like an eternity to you probably seemed even longer to his laboring mother. Poor her. I hope all is well for both mama and baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the birth of your Grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! He is a big baby! That was a long time for mama to be in labor. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.