Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Whirlwind

As you know I had a procedure last week.  I love the term procedure.  It used to be called surgery, now it is a procedure--makes me feel like I had a face lift, tummy tuck, some old parts perked up or something, not getting a hernia in my abdomen repaired.  Leaving me with a 6 inch line which is just glued together.  Things that make you go hmmm. 

Anyway I am having a hard time sleeping, I can't take the pain pills they make me ill and I get really tired quickly.  Yesterday DH came home and looked at me and asked what have you been doing today?  It wasn't one of those I am interested in what you were doing it is one of those OMG how do you cause so much destruction while you are supposed to be resting!

I made cookies, well cookie dough I explained and he just looked at me and asked.  "You do realize you are like a mini tornado that hits the house everyday.  With working, the overtime, my mamma, and grandmother I can barely keep one tiny step ahead of you."

His next question since you are not feeling well by the way where are your cookies?  In the fridge I explained.  They get made then can chill for up to 48 hours before being baked. 

I felt bad.  I decided I would try to get a wee bit more done.  But heck when you can get 1 dozen cookies done and you are just exhausted and feeling queasy it is not easy.  I powered through though and made these Crown Jewel Cookies:

I know what you are thinking.  She ate all those cookies and this is all that is left.  No there are others laid out on a cookie plate.  I was good I only ate 2.  Honest!

These the youngest daughter Sam and my favorite cookies.  The recipe barely makes about 2 dozen cookies in all and I doubled the recipe, so we have about 4 dozen cookies. 

I was good I put everything away, I even washed the cookie pans.

Yesterday I received my Christmas Exchange gift from the Batik Swap I participate in. 

It is gorgeous.  I love the colors the star is fabulous.  Add to it the 3 dimensional holly leaves, and the holly berries it will just blow you away.  Then the quilting is even better! 

I am starting to feel a bit more in the holiday spirit.  Maybe this will help a wee bit.

4 comments:

  1. You need to make sure you are resting while you heal! Do you have some hand work you can work on? That might help keep you in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those biscuits look yummy. I absolutely loved the "Drummer Boy", thanks for posting that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is amazing how far medicine has come but it still takes time to recover so be careful.
    The quilt really is pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.