Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Taking it Slow

I am feeling a wee bit better today.  Still very sore, but more tired. 

I worked a bit on my knitting.
I am very slow.  I am about 1/4 of the way done though.  I stitch a little then snooze a little.

DH took my keys and driver's license so I can't leave the house.  Probably for the best since the weather is very cold, there is still snow on the ground and it is slippery so I should just stay wrapped up inside.

I won 2 recent giveaways.

One from Pauline at Quilt N Queen.  Two charm packs of Moda's Fairy Tale Friends and 3/4 yard of Moda Bella Betty's Teal.

This will make something fun I am sure.  I went out of my comfort zone I had a choice between red (my favorite color) and the teal and chose the teal.  Something about it just reminds me of vintage for some reason.

The second give away was by Julia Graber at Life as a Quilter-Julia Graber.  Julia does fabulous art quilts and has such a lovely family.  If you enter Julia's house for sure you will make a quilt.  The giveaway was during Quilting Gallery's Giving Thanks Blog Hop.

Love the puppies panel and this will make a lovely quilt.  This is 4 yards of fabric!  Plus some CD's with lovely inspirational music. 

Finally I did wander into the dining room where I had DH set up a "found" machine for me to work on.  The middle daughter needs a machine to mend with and while I can't afford a new machine, this machine is lovely.  She was "found" at the garbage pit last year and has been sitting under my sewing table for the past year.  DH cleaned her up, I found a manual online, threaded her, and adjusted the tension.  I think she will suit the bill just right. 

While she is missing a couple of feet and her button holer free is a very nice price.

Well I think I am ready for another little cat nap.  I have had a busy morning... breakfast, read some blogs, second cup of coffee, knit a little, pinterest, have lunch, post blog.....






3 comments:

  1. It's no fun laying around and not being able to do all those things we want to, but looks like your knitting is keeping you busy. I hope you're up and running soon (but no more Whirlyball for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of naps....my Mama always said when you sleep that's when you do most of your healing. So sleep and get better fast ! I'ld cook you a meal and bring it to you if I lived closer. So I'll just send you a virtual bowl of chicken soup....blessings !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you knit. what are you making?
    nice wins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.