Friday, February 22, 2013

Scrap Busting

Remember that huge box of fabric I sent from my mother's when I was visiting?

It has been sitting in my playroom for a couple of weeks and combined with the rest of the mess it was in the way.  So yesterday I decided to tackle this box.  This box was 35 lbs worth of fabric and believe me it was well packed. 

Completely unpacking the box resulted in this

Yes that is my fabric stash.  She is bursting at the seams

This pile of scrap pieces on my cutting table

The green bin overflowing with Christmas fabrics, the clear bin next to it overflowing with reproduction and feedsack fabrics. 

Since my scraps were overflowing 2 boxes and piled as high as my sorting bins yesterday for a couple of hours and several hours this morning were devoted to scrap busting.  It resulted in a much smaller pile on my cutting table.

Trust me it was much worse. 


I ended up with a huge stack of 2 1/2 inch squares
and my box of 1 inch squares that I am using for a leader and ender project is full again.

I also found a 4 inch charm pack of a fabric that I no longer had the matching jelly roll.  But I had lots of scraps left from that quilt so I kitted them all up to make a project later and donate it, since that is what happened to the earlier Jelly Roll.

Overall I felt like I accomplished a ton, and  I feel like I can sew the final border on my Easy Street, and get back to my jewel box quilt guilt free....especially since it is snowing like crazy.  Great reason to stay inside and nap and sew!  TGIF!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to visit.