Friday, February 1, 2013

Welcome to February.  Lily's Quilts is having a meet and greet.  What have I been working on?  My Easy Street.  The last installment had 16 and 9 block respectively.  I am a wee bit slow and it takes me a while to get a 25 piece block completed. 

This is the offending piece of the block which I needed to make 16.  This was part of row 4 of the final block of the 16.  I had to pick this piece apart 7 times....yes I said 7.  I sewed it upside down, TWICE!  Backwards 3 times, and once with wrong side, right side together, then to the top before I finally got it. 

The offending piece was attached to this piece

And this little piece went on the end.  


All to make this strip that went in the block.

   I finally got it finished.  It had taken me weeks to get those 16 blocks done.  I feel like such a slow poke at times.  I had been lucky if I was getting 2 done a day, but I finally got the swing of how to set them up and actually completed 7 of those today.  Now I am working on the other block which it too had 25 pieces but I only need 9.  I have 7 of them sewn at least in the rows if not in the full blocks.  Maybe this top will at least get completed this weekend. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. You did the right with finishing the 16 blocks first.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.