Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Breakfast at the VFW

We are starting a new family/friends tradition it appears.  Once a month the VFW hall has a breakfast.  The price is great and the food is wonderful.  Scrambled eggs, potato pancakes, home fries, sausage, ham, blueberry pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy....Oh my.  Anyway family and friends get together and we all have breakfast. 

After breakfast we headed back to the MIL house to finish installing her new washer and dryer upstairs on the main floor.  She is thrilled, and we feel so much better that she is not going to be climbing up and down the basement stairs to do laundry. 

After yesterday's weather fiasco I worked a bit on my jewel box quilt, and then decided what the heck I will just order fabric online.  I think I got enough to give me enough bright, jewel tone choices.  Can't wait until my stash enhancement arrives. 

These are my two blocks I created.  One is completed and the other one is waiting to be sewn.  I am absolutely loving how this quilt is turning out!


What do you think of my pink block?

Anyway it is a beautiful, but cold day, and I can't help but smile at the sun and blue sky.  Have a blessed Sunday all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to visit.