Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 6

I don't know about you but shopping for clothes has never been one of my favorite past times.  Today DH and I ran to the nearest town to pick up a business outfit for me for an appointment Tuesday, and a dress for a wedding today.  We weren't gone long thank goodness. 

I got home had time to do a mini pedicure, then sew a wee bit.  I actually got this block all cut out and sewn together in less than an hour.  Trying to figure out what has changed that I can get something done so quickly.  I think that quilting (cutting and sewing blocks) is a skill that you get quicker and quicker with practice. 

Block 5 for the month of the farmer's wife.  Cat and Mice.

While it isn't perfect it turned out pretty well. 

Time for me to figure out what to do with my hair.  It is 81 degrees and 89% humidity.  Think the hair is going to stay in a pony tail.  Oh and it is now pouring down rain.  I think there is a lot to be said for getting married in Jeans, sweatshirts, and boots in front of the waterfall in January.  :D

1 comment:

  1. I do not like shopping for clothes either and put it off as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.