Monday, April 1, 2013

March Endings and April Beginnings

I survived the Family Easter Dinner.  I come from a big family and holidays are always insane.  Holidays with DH and his family are no different.  We had a wonderful Easter Dinner, the little ones had a great time hunting eggs.
My goals for the month of March were the following:

1.  Sandwich and begin to quilt Easy Street
2.  Finish Quilting Picnic Quilt and bind
3.  2 Farmer's wife quilt blocks per week
4.  1 Jewel Box block per week                     
5. Get the Borders on Ginger Rose
6.  1 Country Charmer Block per week           -Only two completed out of 4
7.  Participate in Bee in my Bonnet's Barn Along  - completed 2 of 3
8.  Participate in the Hugs and Kisses QAL from ChristaQuilts
9.  Continue to trim up those geriatric flying geese!

1.  Completed sandwich Easy Street and begin to quilt                                             Check
2.  Complete quilting and bind my picnic quilt.  I call it the Summer Meadow Quilt.  What was extremely cool is that I posted it on My Quilt Place, and it was featured on American Quilters Society facebook page.  That was way cool.  

3.  Complete 2 FW blocks per week

4. Complete 1 Jewel box quilt per week.  I only finished one. 


5.  Get borders on Ginger Rose Quilt


6. Finish a country charmer each week.  I only completed 2 of the 4


7. Participate in Bee In My Bonnet Barn a Long I am behind one week


8.  Participate in the Hugs and Kisses QAL from Christa's Quilts

9. Continue to trim up the ancient geriatric flying geese.  I worked on some more....

While I got a wee bit sidetracked for the month.

I also made this super cute zippered pouch for my sister's birthday.


Where she can keep her quilting tools when she goes to quilt group.

I also made this cute little change purse for my oldest daughter for her birthday.

One accomplishment I am extremely thankful for this month


I broke the nail somehow halfway down.  It grew out enough that I could take it off and cause major pair or blood letting. 

What were your accomplishments for the month?










3 comments:

  1. WOWWEEE! you sure did get a lot done. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the American Quilters Society facebook posting and on getting lots of your list done, the purses are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on that list. Pretty stuff getting done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.