Friday, May 2, 2014

A Little Bit of April Showers and How did Your Goals Grow?

They say April Showers bring May flowers.  Well, what April held for us were a couple of freak snow storms, some sunny days and it ended with rain.

My goals for April you can see here.
1.  Farmer's Wife 8 blocks-  check

2.  Quilty Barn along Finish up the sashing and get to a flimsy-  check

3. I can't wait for the next Aurifil Block for April.- Check

4.  I will be working on a QAL with a group of ladies from My Quilt Place the first month we are doing a block called Hidden Star and someone was kind enough to work out some setting blocks.-Check
I even got the May block finished too

5.  Green Tea and Sweet Beans-  No real goals just work on it when the whimsy hits me.  Check
Finished my propeller blocks
Lozenges blocks

Started working on the next set recently.

6.  I have 5 quilt tops that need to be quilted.  I think it is time to get my quilter to work. Say finish at least one?  This one is a big nada-  More explanation in an upcoming post.

7.  Pick 2 UFOs and start back to work on them. You can see them in all their glory here.  Now which 2?
I started working on my ancient flying geese as a leader and ender and
Hexie flowers during evenings.

8.  I am going to start a new project.  I have wanted to do a drunkard's path forever and I have the fabric.  So for this month I am going to work on cutting out my drunkard's path blocks. Check got some blocks cut, sewn and pressed and even sewed one together.
As for reading:  I read 10 books this month.  I think I can say that 9 out of the 10 were excellent.
The best one?
A Night of Horrors:  A Historical Thriller by John C Berry.  It is a Historical Fiction based upon research about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. 

He was shot at Ford's Theater by John Wilkes Booth on April 14, 1865 (It was Good Friday).  He died on April 15, 1865. Maybe that is why this book caught my attention so greatly was because I started to read it a week before Easter this year.  I found it very interesting and have actually used it as a catalyst to learn some new things regard the time in our Nation's history.

Oh and I ventured out of my box (DH left the lid off) and I visited the local quilt guild.  Does she join?  Find out in May.  So I also partially accomplished one of my yearly goals.  

How did your month turn out?








2 comments:

  1. I am IMPRESSED!! You got so much accomplished. I have to say I love your barn quilt. Where did you get the pattern? I think I will add that to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your barn flimsy looks great, I love all of the colors you used! I really need to quilt mine, it has been finished since September!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.