Monday, October 7, 2013

When it Rains it Drizzles?

How was your weekend?  Ours was busy.  DH had Saturday off so he and his bestie went wandering around doing whatever they do.  I quilted the runner for my bestie's birthday, and at least got the binding on.
We went to AppleFest in the nearby town of New Boston.  It was very crowded, and much more commercialized than it had been in years past.  I did get a couple of garden decorations though really cheap!

Yesterday was the Sale!  I love going to the sale it happens twice a year and you can find some real treasures.  You can see about the previous sale in this post.  I had to work Sunday morning so was a bit disappointed that I could not go.  The earlier the better at times. 

While I was at work it had started to rain.  Now the temperature still was registering 75 but it was raining, not hard, just enough to may be irritating.    Not too sure if it is the time of year (in the 3 that I have went to in October we had beautiful hot and sunny weather, freezing cold winds and rain, and hot but rainy) it is kind of a crap shoot.  There were hardly any vendors there, and many were packing up by 10:30am to boot  We wandered through the rain.  They say the Inuit people have hundreds of different words for snow.  I am from Oregon and I probably have that many for rain.  I would call it a heavy drizzle.  All I came home with was this.

An Old brass chandelier/hanging light.  It is going to get a makeover-the electrical stripped, painted and upfitted with some candle cups to go on the outside deck once we get it finished.  Not bad for $5.

Came home, took a quick nap, and headed into town for dinner with the MIL, and her cronies.  You never know how late dinner with "The Girls" will be.  Surprisingly it was an early night, the storm they had been promising finally rolled in and it was pouring. 

We got home, and I finished sewing the binding on my table runner for the bestie.

Ta Da!

I made it from Batiks from my stash.  The pattern I received when I purchased a pumpkin Batik fabric from Charlotte's Sew Natural a couple of years ago.  It is called the Star Crossed Table Runner, and appears that it may have been from American Quilt Retailer in 2005. 

I even did a little FMQ in the center.  I can't wait to start quilting mine.  I used a variegated thread from Coats and Clark.

Love the oranges, yellows, reds, and browns in this thread it just screams Autumn to me. 

The sun it is up this morning, I need to get a birthday card, to the post office, and to the town hall this morning.  Happy Monday everyone.
 

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping in to visit.