Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blustery End to October

Good afternoon, or Happy Halloween to those of you who enjoy the holiday.    Don't think there is going to be much trick or treating around here.  Lots of rain, and wind.  When you live in a very old home with a very old standing seam roof the first few big storms when the seasons change always kind of make you worried.  Will the 150 year old roof last?  Will it leak?

Anyway, how did you do for your goals for the month of October?  Mine were so sew.  Time to link up with Carrie over at A Passion for Applique' for the Nothing by UFO's Linky Party.



1.  Magic Carpet Ride quilt.  Not finished.  :(
I have the binding sewn on, but it has not been sewn down completely yet since I am doing it by hand.    I need to just find a good movie and work on it.  DH snuggles under it even with the binding not completely sewn on.  I am waiting for him to get a pin in him.

2.   Bestie's Birthday gift it was done, and in the mail.  Love when I get something completed.

3.  My table runner.  Not finished.  I started playing with pebbling and it takes a while.  I am having fun playing with the quilting though. 
4.  Ginger Rose still not done.  I did break down and buy a supreme slider and after working on the table runner and excited about getting to work on this more in earnest.
5.  Farmer's Wife I did get my 8 blocks for the month finished.

I am kind of stoked about how much my piecing skill has increased since starting the Farmer's Wife.  I can finish about 6 blocks a day and keeping a reasonable goal of about 8 a month or roughly 2 per week keeps it fresh.
6.  Lazy Sunday is still languishing in its box.
7.  Jewel Box did not work on it at all this month.
8.  Quilty Barn Along Block.  I finished all of the original barns and am read to get all the sashing done, and make the top.  The Barns with silos I am still 3 behind.
9.  No country charmer blocks done this month
10.  Did not work on my next donation quilt
11-12.  I did finish my mug rugs for the swap and they were sent off.  Nice to get these done ahead of time, and the recipient was very pleased.







I will say that no UFO was completely finished this month, but I met 5 of my monthly goals so not bad overall.  How did you do?




5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I hope your roof stays happy for you! Nice projects - I especially love the colors in Betsy's birthday runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are supposed to get the rain tomorrow. Stay dry!
    Great accomplishments this month. Lovin' all the barn blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you've had a productive month, even if you did not achieve all you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I think you did great! The Farmer's Wife blocks can be pretty challenging and you are doing an awesome job with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.