The garden wasn't too bad, but the last couple of weeks with mild warm days and rain overnight has become overran with weeds. The lawn is now green and needs to be mowed every couple of days, and the veggies have been actually rotting on the vine I just cannot keep up. This is my out of control.
Saturday I shared about helping mow the field, and I pulled some weeds. Sunday DH and I attacked this half of the garden pulling all the weeds.
I had a bunch of zucchini which were hiding in the tall weeds, and even the chickens are sick of tomatoes.
My Have to Dos are checking on the Ancient ones a couple of times a day. Making sure they are eating, running to the grocery store for them, sitting in on the physical therapist and visiting nurse and taking them to appointments. Today was a dentist appointment. Tomorrow is a doctors appointment.
The something that just goes wrong? Well there were two things actually. Both were mechanical, and both I was basically told it is operator error. Now I don't know about you but telling me it is operator error at times makes me feel like I am an imbecile.
Mechanical problem one. Remember this fancy lawnmower? The one that has went back to the dealer several times?
Saturday DH got to experience the bucking action. And hit a tree. And tore up the lawn at the widow's house next door. And almost turned it over into the ditch line. Yep DH was down at the dealer this morning to get a new hydrostat so that he can replace it when he gets back from work.
Mechanical problem 2. My fancy, expensive (to me) sewing machine was dropping stitches, breaking threads, bird nesting. You name it, it was doing it. I had managed to sew about 2 passes on my quilt for the quilt show when it started doing it. DH cleaned it out for me, I switched needles, did practice FMQ quilting. I pulled out the manual, read different things online, watched videos. Basically they were all pointing to operator error. I actually had DH get another older machine ready for me, he removed the feed dogs and was going to help me move it into the dining room to butt against the dining room table to create a huge surface to quilt on.
Today I quilted on it for a couple of hours and only had the thread break once. When it did I realized that it is coming unseated up at the spool pin as it is coming off, which is causing the breakage. I just have to slow down a bit and watch as it feeds to make sure it does not get too much slack.
I decided to take a wee break and check my e-mail and there was one from the guild. The quilt must be finished by the time of the quilt show but the entry form and picture the quilt does not have to be completed. (queue the angels singing) there was my ray of sunshine! The panic subsided immensely. I printed out entry forms, and filled out two. With some help from DH I will get some pictures and in the mail my entries will go. Since I am allowed 3 entries not including the challenge quilt. I am thinking of entering my Tropical Tubix.
I am also considering finishing up this oldie.
It is so nice to feel like I am going to be able to breathe again.