Saturday, August 2, 2014

July Recap

Summer is hummin right along in our neck of the woods.  Life is crazy busy, work, trying to keep up with the garden, and the weeds which is undoubtedly a losing battle.

I have picked a couple of colanders full of tomatoes and blanched them to get ready for canning. Just not quite enough to make spaghetti sauce yet. 
I have made chocolate chip zucchini bread to use of some of the summer squash and zucchini from the garden.
A partially eaten loaf.  Believe me this has been a life saver the last few days. 

The Ancient ones have been in and out of the hospital, and to the doctors several times in the past few days. Which has been very stressful on DH, the MIL, and I.  They both have somehow contracted bronchitis, and are in the beginning stages of pneumonia.  Unfortunately at their age,  we are seeing a quick decline in their abilities, so we took their keys which was a very big step, and not a popular one at all, but the physician backed us up.  We are coming to a point where some quick decisions are going to have to be made about them.  Either finding a home care provider, or moving into assisted living which neither are on the short list for them. I pray for patience, and guidance at this time for our family. 

All of the stuff above really interfered with my July goals:

 1.  Finish  all of the farmer's wife blocks.
I had about 25 remaining to finish at the beginning of July.  I have 14 still which were not completed. 

2.  Drunkard's Path I have been making block pieces and have quite the little pile going. Still a long way to go on this one.
3.  Aurifil Block of the month.  Woohoo got one thing complete! 

4.  Round Robin has not received any love *sigh*.
5.  Green Tea and Sweet Beans no love either.
6.  I did start a new project for something easy to do.  Basket weave quilt blocks.  I worked on these in between working on blocks or portions of blocks.. 
7.  Working on a UFO.  Didn't even get a chance to pick one up. 

I did finish my training and took my CDL driving test which I passed. 
I started working on my challenge quilt finally for the quilt guild show in October.
We attended the tractor show and farm auction where I found this beauty, and won it.
 We went to the county fair.  I will say I was very disappointed regarding the domestic open entries which would be quilts, afghans, cakes, pies, canning.  There were only 13 quilts total entered. 

So while not much quilting/sewing stuff happening life has been hectic.  How was your July?


8 comments:

  1. we had to put Tommys parents in the nurceing home but at that time we were both working and tring to stay with them at night with only the help of his sister that always thinks she dieing but it was rought, buy the way she is still here and that's been 14 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. July came and went very fast. I was back and forth with hours working in different locations for work. mowing grass and yard sale tasks kept me running. hoping Aug brings more time to sew and chill

    ReplyDelete
  3. My July, hmm. Humid, hot, still looking for our dry heat! Are your tomatoes Roma`s? I had the best luck with them and Heatwave here in northwestern Arizona. Your Farmers Daughter blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about the Ancients. It is so hard to make these decisions and I am sure they do not want to leave their home! A bounty of tomatoes from your garden. I hope you get more sewing time this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My month was a bit like yours really, with a sick father and a sick me and no sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still in denial that July is over. Lots of weeding in my garden and extreme temps, which have brought on migraines and the aches and pains. Sorry to hear about your Ancients. Will keep all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toni oh I know much too fast. Thank you for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.