Thursday, November 9, 2017

November Thankful Day 10

We were cold today and on my way back from guild we had *gasp* snow flakes.  I will admit I am just not quite ready for that white stuff.

10.  November 10--I am thankful for fall.  I love the trees which you can see in this picture I took of the boys this past weekend.

I had to stop and take a picture of this tree, it reminded me of ombre.  Lower leaves green turning yellow and transitioning to orange and red at the very top.

Or this huge oak leaf.

Or a maple leaf as big as a dinner plate.

And then the surprise carpet of mushrooms.....or are they toadstools? 

 9.  November 9 I am thankful for saved items.  Maybe I should call them hoarded items.  LOL

8.  November 8--I am thankful for music.  I heard this song one day, that I was having a really mourning the loss of Jeff.  Let's just say it was added to my Ipod immediately.



7.  November 7-- I am thankful for the Boy Scout organization.
6.  November 6--I am thankful that I can shop online.

5.  November 5--I am thankful that I could get new doors in my home to add more light.

4.  November 4.   I am thankful for coffee. 

3.  November 3.  I am thankful for the roof over my head.  I love falling asleep to the rain on the standing seam steel roof which is over 150 years old.

2.  November 2.    I am thankful for the fact my feet hit the floor every morning, whether I want to get out of bed or not.

1.  November 1.  I am thankful for every morning I wake up--too many people don't get to see the light of another day.  Thinks about it how would you act if you knew that today was your last day on Earth?  Today is a gift.  Tomorrow is not promised. 


7 comments:

  1. those are some beautiful trees. here it is in the 20s today. brrrr....... feels like snow for sure. I am not ready either. ugh......
    but like everything, seasons change, places change, things change. I am thankful my friend I met you on the blog. you are one special lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely trees...that cold snap is coming here today from the Arctic, I hear. It's PUFFY COAT time again...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the weather map it look like you might be seeing flurries, we are cold here but no sign of the white stuff yet! Your leafy pics are great, I have taken very few this year as the trees have been so confused by the weather that most have gone from green to rusty. We have a few that are that pretty golden yellow though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big leaves! As I'm listening to the wind blow outside, I am also very thankful for the snug house I live in. So many good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. chilly here today to but at least the sun is shining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have ever seen a maple leaf that HUGE! That is a pretty tree. I'm pretty sure I never noticed a tree's colors transition that way. All you have to do is look around and there are tons of things to be grateful for. As much as I hate snow, I can even find a bit of gratitude for it..water saved in the ground for spring planting. As soon as New Years Day passes, I'm in Spring countdown mode, lol.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo's of Autumn. Can't imagine snow flakes at this time of year where we live.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.