Monday, November 27, 2017

November Thankful Day 28

 There is an old Yiddish saying "Man plans, God laughs".    The Bible mentions laughter in many different contexts.  Ecclesiastes 3:4  A Time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance.  Not to be irreverent but I am sure ready for some dancing lately. 
28.  November 28 -  I am thankful that I have a sense of humor and I am always on the lookout for life's absurdities, but I also laugh at myself--if you need a laugh read my post "Down in the Sumps".
I have been driving past this field the past several weeks and this makes me chuckle.

There is a party barge in the middle of a field.  This is looking good because just a few days before it was surrounded by tall weeds. 


27.  November 27-  Baking

These are Jeff's family cookies.  I have the recipe, Sam and I are going to try our hand at it.  Jeff was very serious about his cookie making.

So much so that Samantha made him this apron.  We are going to miss our cookie Nazi. 
26.  November 26-  Kindness
25.  November 25-  Cell phones, and the ability to call long distance
24. November 24 Quilt designers that share QAL, SAL, and mystery quilts. Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt

23.  November 23-  I am thankful for Jeff

22.  November 22-  I am thankful for chickens
21.  November 21-  I am thankful for Family
20.  November 20-  I am thankful for my Heritage

19.  November 19-  I am thankful for flowers
These are the roses that Jeff bought me this year for Valentine's day.  One day I was speaking to my daughters how I would never again receive roses from him, and how sad it made me.  Our first time we met he gave me a dozen yellow roses.  My daughters got together and bought me a beautiful red rose and we planted it in the whiskey barrel on the porch. 

18.  November 18-  I am thankful for blogging and the friends I have made

17.  November 17-  I am thankful for quilting.  OK maybe not quilting but everyone needs a patriotic chicken pincushion.  Right?



With words of encouragement.  Love deeply, forgive quickly, dream big, be happy. 
16.  November 16-  I am thankful for Calder's Dairy and Egg nogg

15.  November 15-  I am thankful for my options to worship

14.  November 14-  I am thankful for my Kindle and all the books that I have the opportunity to read, and the local library.  I can listen to my Kindle while sewing.  I have read over 140 books so far this year. 

 While not a Kindle book I am currently reading this one as part of a Bible Study at church.  It is strange because I am in a class with a group of married people older than myself, and there are times I have a very difficult time because of my loss, which I haven't shared with them yet.

13.  November 13.  I am thankful for Lucy the cat.

12.  November 12--I am thankful for Bobbin

11.  November 11  I am thankful for my tenacious character to get things done.

10.  November 10--I am thankful for fall.


9.  November 9 I am thankful for saved items.  Maybe I should call them hoarded items.

Jeff rescued these sewing machine drawers from a cabinet that had been thrown into the pit. 

8.  November 8--I am thankful for music.





7.  November 7-- I am thankful for the Boy Scout organization.


6.  November 6--I am thankful that I can shop online.

5.  November 5--I am thankful that I could get new doors in my home to add more light.

4.  November 4.   I am thankful for coffee.

3.  November 3.  I am thankful for the roof over my head.  I love falling asleep to the rain on the standing seam steel roof which is over 150 years old.

2.  November 2.    I am thankful for the fact my feet hit the floor every morning, whether I want to get out of bed or not.

1.  November 1.  I am thankful for every morning I wake up--too many people don't get to see the light of another day.  Thinks about it how would you act if you knew that today was your last day on Earth?  Today is a gift.  Tomorrow is not promised. 

5 comments:

  1. I need to figure my cookie for Carol's bloghop...I am procrastinating because it is still in the 60's today. I look forward to that study by David Jeremiah...just a thought, but I think you should share and let them love on you. I am sure you will when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a sense of humor is such a good thing in life - and I got a chuckle out of your party barge photo! Jeff's family cookies look yummy, and it sounds like a wonderful tribute to him to continue that tradition this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use to make a ton of holiday cookies when our kids were home. Now...just a batch or two. :) Good memories though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful things to be thankful for and such warm memories. Sending you hugs and wishes for a wonderful week. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sense of humor is one of the best things to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.