Saturday, November 4, 2017

November Thankful Day 5

Friday was such a beautiful day.  I am thankful for that gorgeous day because that was the day the men came to take out the old sliding door to my sun room/mud room (depending on the time of year). 

5.  November 5  being able to have the old sliding door replaced with new French door.

Here you can see the old slider after I took the walls down to Jannie's bedroom, and reclaimed the great room.   I know this is a thankful post...but my main complaint about my house is that the windows are tall and narrow, so there is not a lot of light. 

I know it used to be a door to the outside deck, but that was before my time.  The darkened glass with probably a UV coating.   What you can't see is that the glass is all scored to about 4 feet up both inside and out from the big dogs which used to live in the house. 

These are my new French doors.  I had shut the lights off finally, but I just love how they look!  Also they really truly do let in more light.  They are larger than the slider too, and the biggest benefit will be that it is easier to move things in and out, because like the windows many of the doors are narrow in this house too. 

4.  November 4.   I am thankful for coffee.   I love my coffee, I don't have to have Starbucks that is my special treat coffee, which I don't indulge in often.  Also helps I live in a rural area and the closest Starbucks are about 10-15 miles away.  I always have a pot on.

3.  November 3.  I am thankful for the roof over my head.  I love falling asleep to the rain on the standing seam steel roof which is over 150 years old.

2.  November 2.    I am thankful for the fact my feet hit the floor every morning, whether I want to get out of bed or not.

1.  November 1.  I am thankful for every morning I wake up--too many people don't get to see the light of another day.  Thinks about it how would you act if you knew that today was your last day on Earth?  Today is a gift.  Tomorrow is not promised.





11 comments:

  1. An inspiring post. Love the new door. Most of my windows are 5 feet X 4 feet. I love lots of light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks great. does give more light which is always nice. I am thankful that you got your French doors too.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore french doors! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doors are great. Our home looks like the Ponderosa inside. Wook walls and ceilings. Stained light and varnished, but dark. We replaced our wood door and picture window with two patio doors. Lots more light, but very difficult to move large items in and out. Your going to love your new doors!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love grateful posts, and this one has several things that resonate, and stuff that doesn't cost a thing too. I hear you on the light in a house! This one we are in is wonderful for lots of it; the previous one, not so much. We put French doors in a house we lived in many years ago, loved them, worth every cent to install, might do them again when we do a reno here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will make such a difference especially with the shortened daylight hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful new door--letting the light in especially at this time of the year (how gray can a day get ?) is so lovely...I am less and less amenable to this change of time as I get older; so, anything that brings MORE light in has my vote. Just lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the French doors look great. Always have loved French door - they are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice door. My dogs don't leave scratches, but, they do leave nose prints on both sides of the glass doors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.