Tuesday, November 7, 2017

November Thankful Day 8

I hope my posts help you take a moment to think on what you are thankful for in your life.

8.  November 8-  I am thankful for music.  I was trained growing up as a concert pianist.  Can I pick up a piece of music and play it exactly as written.  Yep, can I improvise?  Not on your life.  I was fortunate enough that I had music in my life, and the opportunity to take lessons.  Recently Xander decided he wanted to join band.  He is learning to play the trombone.  LOL  The instrument is bigger than him. 

My great grandmother always sang hymns, and I often find myself humming those tunes to myself.  I have an Ipod loaded with music everything from opera to country music, heavy metal to pop, and everything in between.  Don't ask me what my favorite is, because it is just too hard to choose.  Recently I have discovered Post Modern Jukebox, it is a stage show and the performers take current songs and put a vintage spin on them.


Recently the blog Musings of a Menopausal Melon aka as mmmquilts shared a group called The Jerrycans. 

Music soothes the soul and will lift your spirit. 

7.  Boy Scouts

6.  Shopping Online

5.  November 5.  My new French Doors which provide me with more light.  I am thankful for the light, and the fact that I can afford to make some upgrades to my home.


4.  November 4.   I am thankful for coffee.   I love my coffee, I don't have to have Starbucks that is my special treat coffee, which I don't indulge in often.  Also helps I live in a rural area and the closest Starbucks are about 10-15 miles away.  I always have a pot on.

3.  November 3.  I am thankful for the roof over my head.  I love falling asleep to the rain on the standing seam steel roof which is over 150 years old.

2.  November 2.    I am thankful for the fact my feet hit the floor every morning, whether I want to get out of bed or not.

1.  November 1.  I am thankful for every morning I wake up--too many people don't get to see the light of another day.  Thinks about it how would you act if you knew that today was your last day on Earth?  Today is a gift.  Tomorrow is not promised.

8 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your thankful posts...really makes me pause and think and appreciate. You're fortunate to have a music background. I love listening to country, especially the Garth Brooks tunes, but I love the Taylor Swift song done with a twist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I worked, my life was full of radio music. Now that I'm retired, I rarely listen to music unless I am working outside. We keep the radio off when we are in the car so we can talk. That's funny because music used to be so important to me.

    I can't carry a tune and don't play an instrument. I wish I played the piano like my aunt did. She could just sit down and play any song. Never had a lesson and couldn't read a not. I remember her loving to play The Hawaiian Wedding Song when I was a kid, though she played so many others. I wonder what makes a person musical that way.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes we are enjoying your posts and I hope they are helping you as well. I play no instruments and only sing to myself or in a crowd as my voice is no treat (heavy on the joyful noise), but I agree that music lifts one's soul :) I will always be a fan of Springsteen and Sting and Phantom of the Opera and my music taste is far too varied to pin down. I love Matt Maher and am also currently enjoying The Killers and Ed Sheeran's new album. Eclectic much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your thankful posts are a highlight of my day and of course, you inspired me to think about being thankful. I'm a bit behind on my thankful list because of the cookie exchange. Music is a huge part of my life and always has been. I play different music depending on what I'm doing. When I sew, I like instrumental music like Enya, but when I'm cleaning it's got to be rock n roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here today getting caught up on your thankful posts because I'm working on my Thursday post and mentioning you in it! Hope you are loving your new French doors! I'm thankful for the Boy Scouts, too - I think I told you that both of my sons are Eagle Scouts. Your #8 from todays's post - that's me, too, trained as a classical pianist! (and never could improvise a thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and a great reminder as well. You play the piano as well??? Good Grief girl you have many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love music too. I am fortunate at the community centre I can play some in the background in the office.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.