Saturday, March 16, 2013

Best Laid Plans

I had so many grandiose plans today. 
It started out well.  I got my country charmer block all laid out.  It was beautiful.  Followed the instructions, made sure my 1/4 inch seam was perfect.  The little tart did this:

All I can think of is that maybe my triangles stretched.  I did get it to measure correctly and it did end up going together fairly quickly. 

This took me 45 minutes.  After that I decided to work on my Quilty Barn A Long with Lori Holt over at Bee In My Bonnet.  I love these barns they go together so nice.  I checked out the sub block and decided I wanted this fabric which I know is in my scrap box.

Left over from the days when I made my girls tops, shorts and dresses.  I thought it would be so cute in my block I was planning.  The only problem is that when I pulled the scrap box out from here to look for the scraps. 


All bedlam broke loose.  Books fell over, and scraps literally exploded all over the floor.  Unfortunately I cannot seem to get them back into the box.  It wasn't like there was a lid on the box or anything compacting them.  All I know is that hundreds of hours trying to get these into the scrap management system is necessary to get these under control. 

Oh well I am going to just smile, and ignore them until I trip over them and use unladylike words about a dozen times and then I will consider them again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to visit.