Friday, March 1, 2013

February Finishes

What did I finish in February?  Absolutely nothing.  Not for the lack of trying but between having bronchitis, and a sinus infection, and waiting for stash enhancement things just did not seem to gel.  To see my goals for February go here.  http://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/2013/01/i-will-show-you-mine.html

What did I get done in February?
This box was unloaded and the fabrics folded and put away.

Easy Street went from this

To this.  No easy fete.  I sewed it completely on my featherweight too.  I decided while I love to piece on my featherweight when it comes to putting on borders, I may want to move to one of my other machines.



Yesterday my backing fabric finally arrived.  Unfortunately it is going to be a busy next couple of days so I won't be able to have DH bring in the banquet table so that I can sandwich and get it ready to quilt.

My picnic quilt is still waiting to have the quilting finished and the binding put on.  I didn't even look at it other than to fold it up when it fell over in my playroom.

And my ancient flying geese?  A few more were trimmed but, it is a ton of not fun work.  Once done, they are yummy, but slow going.





I did get the Ginger Rose borders on when DH asked if we could make it bigger.  Sixteen inches bigger!  I decided that 8 inches of one of the fabrics was just too much.  So I found a shop that still had the fabric and ordered this to add a 2 inch border.


Then a dark border.

What did I get finished?

I worked on my jewel box quilt and finished these blocks:





I worked on my farmer's wife blocks and finished 3!







For the month of March my goals are:

1.  Sandwich and begin to quilt Easy Street
2.  Finish Quilting Picnic Quilt and bind
3.  2 Farmer's wife quilt blocks per week
4.  1 Jewel Box block per week
5. Get the Borders on Ginger Rose
6.  1 Country Charmer Block per week
7.  Participate in Bee in my Bonnet's Barn Along
8.  Participate in the Hugs and Kisses QAL from ChristaQuilts

I know seems to be kind of strenuous but goals are good!


It is the first so at Lily's Quilts it is:

Lily's Quilts
And Small blogger meet

Lily's Quilts








3 comments:

  1. Fantastic blocks, all of them.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great especially considering all the illness. I can totally relate there I've been sick for a while now and it's such a struggle! I love your blocks especially the jewel ones. Good luck with those goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well for being sick you sure did get a lot done. Hope no illnesses come up this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.