Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Lions! Oh My

They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.  While we have not received abundant amounts of snow, it is kind of sticking around.  There was one day we had drenching downpours, then it froze very quickly, which produced?

Lake LeFever, you cannot see it now but that field is under about 6 inches of frozen water, and this morning we had snow flurries so you can't get a good glimpse of the expanse of ice in our field.

Sew what better day to stay inside and work on my UFOs.

My plans for the day?

Lori Holt over at Bee in My Bonnet http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/  has a Quilty Barn Along.

I made my 6 1/2 inch Farmer's Wife Block which is a side of the barn.

This is the Weather Vane Block.  I cut out all my Barn pieces last night so I hope to whip it up today.

Next is the Country Charmer Block QUAL.  I love this block


 and I have pieces cut out, I may look for some complimentary fabrics to go with this green that I absolutely love!

Not a great picture of this fabric.  Sorry!

I also have my Jewel Box to work on, and the borders for my Ginger Rose. Binding for my sewing machine cover. So Many Choices. 

This evening I have a date with my men, DH, and the two oldest grandsons.  We are going to see the Monster Trucks!  Should be dirty, and loud which they will love!  Even the old one.  ;)

Over at Pigtales and Quilts is a montly Linky Party To Do List.

Photobucket

Come on over, you know you have the UFO's that need to be finished and this is a great way to keep on task!

I will relist my to do list since it was in an earlier post:

1.  Sandwich and begin to quilt Easy Street
2.  Finish Quilting Picnic Quilt and bind
3.  2 Farmer's wife quilt blocks per week
4.  1 Jewel Box block per week
5. Get the Borders on Ginger Rose
6.  1 Country Charmer Block per week
7.  Participate in Bee in my Bonnet's Barn Along
8.  Participate in the Hugs and Kisses QAL from ChristaQuilts
9.  Continue to trim up those geriatric flying geese!


6 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some fabulous projects going for march.

    Please add something in your post about the To Do List Party so your friends can come over and join in too. Thanks so much.

    www.pigtalesandquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you pink and green block. The colors are so yummy together.
    XX Kathleen http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/
    I found you on the Monthly to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your goals this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with your goals this month. Looks like it is a good thing to do working on your blocks. I think Lori's barns are cute. If I wasn't doing the row along I might do those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have lots to do on your list~ GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.