Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 3 of Thankfulness

I am so unbelievably thankful for my husband that I have a hard time comprehending it at times.  A few years ago I was married to a man, that while I loved and adored him, the feeling was not reciprocated.  At the time that marriage really went south, my youngest daughter's husband walked out on her and her 2 small sons who were under the age of 2.  My ex left me in quite the financial bind, and making ends meet for my daughter and I were sketchy at best.   I was so heart broken I felt like I could not even breathe at times.  I prayed that my husband would return and the Lord would soften his heart. <--- (This is where I am thankful for the unanswered prayer.) Finally one night I just said Lord whatever you think is best for us.  I need someone kind, loving, understanding and a good role model to help my daughter and I raise these two little men to become loving, caring, and responsible men.  The next day I received an e-mail from a man asking if I would like to talk.  I explained that I could not chat until late in the evening because of my cell phone charges.  He just said alright he would call.  He called, and we chatted, and chatted and it felt like I had known him all my life, we talked for 6 hours! I told him that I had some very real responsibilities and would thoroughly understand if he was not interested in me.  He asked if he could call the next day. 

Our second date he told me he loved me, and I was so astonished all I could do was stammer I am not ready yet.  He tells everyone that he fell in love with my heart and soul just talking on the phone, and when we met my outside beauty and everything else was just a gigantic bonus, and that he has a real prize, little does he know that I am the one with the prize.  Someone who loved me, even with all my baggage, and was actually an answer to my prayer for help.  I never knew being married was this easy.  This is what being married to your best friend is all about. 
Yeah, yeah I know long post, and nothing really quilty yet. 

I have worked on my quilting.  I did 1 1/2 hours on Monday.  I have found that when I quilt I need to break it up into shorter segments.  I tense up and my arms, neck and back get sore.  I also did some quilting today in between working on the pumpkin block for the last barn.  Then I will be caught up!

Finished the pebbling in one section of my runner. 
Started a fee motion sunflower for the center of the star block.

The pumpkin is made, and I picked out the fabric for the barn and silo, but then had to stop for a while.  Well actually I was looking for some pumpkin fabric and got distracted.  Somehow I folded myself into a huge pile of fat quarters which I did not know I had, since when I received them they were kind of folded into thirds all together.  Found some more oranges, and while cutting the 1 1/2 inch squares for this pumpkin cut a bunch of 2 1/2 inch orange squares for 2 other projects, and a bunch of 1 inch squares for another project. 

I also found a quilt kit called Washday Stars which I wanted to make and forgot where it had went.
I also found several charm packs, one with additional yardage, a small fat quarter bundle, and some interesting batiks. 


I already used the jelly roll that went with this charm pack, and looking at it, I think there may be 2 charm packs here.



Was like finding hidden treasures and getting new fabric.  I wonder if this is how a squirrel feels when they dig up a nut they buried the past year?  Have a great quilty day.



2 comments:

  1. It seems you found new treasures all round. Not just in fabrics but in your husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet love story.
    really nice stuff you found again. Did that fabric come in the basket? cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.