Thursday, November 21, 2013

Going Postal

Day 20 of Thankfulness. I am thankful for the post office.  I know you are all thinking What?  I live in the country and sometimes it is not always convenient to get to the LQS.  The one of course which has the best selection is 30+ miles away.  I shop online a lot, for my fabrics.  The post man brings packages to my door many of the times, and I am on a first name basis with the people at the post office.  It is nice to be part of a small community at times. 

Lately I started helping the lovely lady who began the Batik Swap which I belong to.  She has been having some health concerns so to keep the swap going three of us took over the duties.  At the time there were 5 different strip swaps going.  Silver, Gold, Red, Green, and Blue.  I took the Green and Blue, another lady took the gold, and since the Silver and red were completed so the lady who started the swap kept those. 
This is what my dining room table looks like currently.  I am short a couple of sets of strips for each color.  Then the real work will begin. 

Yesterday late afternoon I received a call from my doctor's office.  They needed to move up my procedure to Thursday.  That meant I needed to run to the local hospital to get all of the pre- procedure lab work done.  Blood tests, x rays, EKG's.  I have lived in large cities where you wait for hours just to get your blood drawn, and small towns which are just about as bad.  This place has it goin on!.  I walked in a little after 3 and I was done and out of there before 5.  Registration and everything.   Tomorrow is prep day so not too sure how it is going to go but hoping for the best.





1 comment:

Thanks for dropping in to visit.